IGNORED

Aint This a B---h. Throttle Cable Broke

Pulling out from a stop sign today, heard a pop and then my throttle was turning freely. Pulled off the road. Evidently the cable broke at the grip.

No throttle whatsoever. Called my buddy and he brought a trailer and we loaded it up and brought it home.

This is the first time this has happened to me in all my years of riding.

Trust me, this will leave you stranded.

06 RSTD with Kury grips. I will search threads but guys I need some help on this one.

I'm not an expert but there are two cables that go to the throttle. If you couldn't control the throttle then I'd say both your cables are broken. Unlikely they both broke at the same time so you may have been running with just the one cable.

The two cables move the throttle in both directions.

Did you ever greese that throttle assembly ??

No. Just got the bike in December. Only greasing I've done is to the rear splines. And the hub pins. Hadn't thought about throttle cables. Do new ones come already lubricated?

I did a search....there is a write up on installing throttle cables

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?p=698593#post698593

You might consider braided cables....

Braided cables are great outer sleeves, but would probably not have helped the internal cable from breaking. There may be some friction going on to wear at the inner cable.

:farmer:

Well, Well, Well.

Tonight I took the chrome housing apart on the throttle side. The throttle cable is not broke.

The slot on the throttle sleeve of the kury grips where the ferrule or (little round squared off ball at the cable end) fits into is broken.

So I need a new kury throttle grip.

Previous owner installed these. You think Kuryakyn would make it good?

Or do you know where I could find replacement? Don't want to buy pair unless I have to.

Man I'm so glad it wasn't the cable.