IGNORED

Is it just a matter of time!

Dale124

You say you owned the bike for only a year. I'm assuming you are a new rider? If so you really should take a motorcycle safety course. It is amazing what you will learn. well worth the money.

I had not owned a bike for over 25 years, so while not a "new rider", I was a bit rusty, so I did indeed take a course last May. It did help, and I'm glad I took it, but most of the skills they taught, I already possessed. I do think I'm a safe rider, but was most concerned about the other morons on the road that have no patience and are in such a rush.

Dale

I had not owned a bike for over 25 years, so while not a "new rider", I was a bit rusty, so I did indeed take a course last May. It did help, and I'm glad I took it, but most of the skills they taught, I already possessed. I do think I'm a safe rider, but was most concerned about the other morons on the road that have no patience and are in such a rush.

Dale

Get that Dale!!! Stay alert, NEVER stop taking LOTS of "snap shots",, and watch those wheels brother!!

When teaching my kids to drive I tried to DRILL IT INTO THEM,,,, intersections ARE the dangerous places on the planet,,, ya just cant trust anyone:confused24::confused24:

Indeed,, that biker was one fortunate soul,, that could have easily been a broken back/wheelchair time,, or worse..

[ATTACH]84279[/ATTACH]

The Honda crotch rocket rider was traveling at approximately 85 mph.

The VW driver was talking on a cell phone when she pulled out from a side street, apparently not seeing the motorcycle. The rider's reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident.

The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them.

The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 20 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in the car and the bike rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Motorcycle Fair by the Police and Road Safety Department..

That has always been my best advise. Regardless of whether they look at you or not, never pass through any intersection, pass by a drive way, or any shopping plaza where you see another car about to pull out. Always assume that they are going to pull out. I always try not to pass by them at my regular speed and get ready for them to pull out.

Although, there is always circumstances that you are not able to control, but where you can see them, you can react accordingly. My philosophy whether I'm riding or driving. :2cents: