IGNORED

Wanted: Pillow Tops for 2nd Gen

Guest JGorom

Guest JGorom

My 2004 Midnight came with the Yamaha Corbin Studded seats. I don't mind the Yamaha Corbin seats...they look great and suit me fine...but my wife says they are too hard for her.

So, in the interests of preventing WW3...If anyone has the pillow tops (in very good condition) and would like to trade for my mama Yama Corbin Studded seats (also in very good condition) please drop me an email. (JGorom@msn.com)

Or...if you know where there is a set for sale...please let me know. Please keep this in mind...world peace may be at stake here. :)

Guest JGorom

I'm going to see if anyone with a newer bike wants to trade first. I am also looking for a set for sale right now...may even talk to my dealer who might cut me a deal on a new set or know of some off a salvage bike.

To answer your question, they are not for sale at the present moment, once I figure out what is what here I'll notify you with a price if your still interested. May be a month or two just to let you know, I'm sort of busy right now.

Later...

Jim,

I might be interested in this deal. Just bought an '06 this morning. I'd really like to give the stock seat a try though. Everyone seems to like the pillows so much.

If you don't find anyone else who is ready to make the swap sooner, keep me in mind.

Guest JGorom

Gary...how about this. Get your bike and try the seat out (once the weather breaks). We could then meet (once the weather breaks) and swap bikes to try the seats out. If you like and we momma likes...then we can just swap the seats out...how does that sound? I'm content to wait and I'd rather be able to have her test it out for herself as I am sure you too would rather test and see. Let me know.

PS...I left you a note earlier congratulating you on your new purchase...that's a great color your getting and I'm sure the studded yamaha/corbin would look smashing with that color. But I'll let your butt be the judge of that.

Guest JGorom

Well, I have decided to wait until Gary and I can hook up sometime this Spring before I decide which way to go here. I do this for several reasons, first and foremost because I know how subjective seat choices can be. As I have already stated I do not have a problem with the Corbin, but the lady who rides behind does. So in the interest of not making an incorrect decision here I really need to have both her and I test a pillow top. I think Gary may want the same choice but I cannot speak for him. I will email Gary and I have already spoken directly with Dan concerning this decision. Thanks you all for your patience here.

My 2004 Midnight came with the Yamaha Corbin Studded seats. I don't mind the Yamaha Corbin seats...they look great and suit me fine...but my wife says they are too hard for her.

So, in the interests of preventing WW3...If anyone has the pillow tops (in very good condition) and would like to trade for my mama Yama Corbin Studded seats (also in very good condition) please drop me an email. (JGorom@msn.com)

Or...if you know where there is a set for sale...please let me know. Please keep this in mind...world peace may be at stake here. :)

Keep your seats and get her a Butt-buffer cushion-they are amazing. I sat on one with some keys laying on it and never felt the keys... THEN they picked up the seat and showed me all the crap they had under it - nuts and bolts and L-brackets! and I never felt them either.

http://www.buttbuffer.com/

Guest JGorom
Keep your seats and get her a Butt-buffer cushion-they are amazing. I sat on one with some keys laying on it and never felt the keys... THEN they picked up the seat and showed me all the crap they had under it - nuts and bolts and L-brackets! and I never felt them either.

http://www.buttbuffer.com/

Honey,

Thanks for the post. Did you purchase one or did you just sit on one? If you own one could you tell us your experience? They are a bit pricey!

Yes they are and we bought a pair of them. Rode the entire week on them in daytona and no monkey-butt (had aftermarket seats on the bike that gave good firm support but they were a little too firm).

We have since traded our pillow tops seats (tooo soft) for the same seats you have. Installed them and took a 2-3 hour ride (without the butt-buffer to give them a fair trial) and like them so far. The butt-buffer will just make them sweeter.

All I'll say is that every butt is different. We tried the butt buffers on our '99 RSV. We rode a week long vacation on them and while they did help we still bought the pillow top seats. We also rode for a year on sheepskin. Again it helped, but we still like the pillow top seats better.

I tried to find a deal, but so many people kept bidding up the price for used seats to darn near the price of new. So, I bought new seats at a big discount. http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/ does 25% off all the time on Yamaha OEM parts. I ordered my seats from them and for about $10 shipping they had them to me for far less than normal prices.

Guest JGorom
I tried to find a deal, but so many people kept bidding up the price for used seats to darn near the price of new. So, I bought new seats at a big discount. http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/ does 25% off all the time on Yamaha OEM parts. I ordered my seats from them and for about $10 shipping they had them to me for far less than normal prices.

I've been doing the same thing...looking on Ebay and I've also checked out South Seattle Sports Plaza's prices. I also may ask my dealer if he can locate a seat off a salvage job.

I have a question for you...when I look at the Yamaha parts finche at yamaha sports plaza I only see two seat assemblies (drivers and passenger). The drivers seat assembly (Item #1) at $221.63 and the passenger seat, which is called a tandem seat assembly at $178.90. My question is does the passenger seat assembly include the backrest?

These are the 2 places I go to look for parts:

You'll have to fill in the bikes specifics. Look under the a model year your sure they had pillow tops to get the correct number though.

Once you enter the make, year, and model of motorcycle it will take you to the fiche page. Use the pull down menu in the upper right corner and go to travel bag 2 and the picture should come up. Just pick out the number that is attached to the backrest (looks kind of funny in the picture because it's facing down like the trunk is open) and then scroll down and find the number. On the motogrid page you'll have to put the item in the cart to find the actual part number, the Mrcycles page has the number right there.

Motogrid

MRCYCLES

Or you could go straight to the Yamaha-motor site and insert the required info:

Yamaha parts site