IGNORED

CB - no sound - VRgen.1

Peder_y2k

No Sound. CB unit powers on, displays frequencies, rotating squelch control knob causes Rx display to go on and off, Tx indicator goes on when transmit button pressed. All the headset buttons and mute buttons for the audio system in correct settings. Still no sound, but the rest of the audio system works fine. Troubleshooting tree in manual is of no real help. What should I be looking for?

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

I believe the CB is hardwired on the CB controller end. I would suggest tracing it over to the amp in the left fairing, under the radio controller, and remove the clean both male and female connections.

Next I'd open the unit and see it there are broken solder connection in the CB unit.

If someone close has a CB unit you can switch out and test. That will indicate whether the amp or the unit.

Check the DIN (round) connector that plugs into the back of the CB. That's how the audio and mute signal get to the audio module. You have to lift the CB out of the fairing to check this. If this is OK there is a lesser possibility that the DIN plug that goes into the audio module isn't plugged in. Remove the Radio face plate (Ignition key and 2 releases near the bottom) and make sure all 4 DIN plugs are installed. I think the CB is the 2nd from the front (the back 2 are for the front and rear intercom). Of course you have the volume turned up, don't you?

All fixed!!! Did what you suggested, lifted out the CB and checked the DIN plugs.... and one was not connected.......plugged it in, secured the wire and tested and works fine again. 10 minute job.

Many thanks for the responses and suggestions.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

• 3 weeks later...
I have the same problem so im curious which DIN plug or pin was the problem. Im going to dig in to it in a few min.

I think he was referring to the one at the back of the CB. You get to it by pulling the right top panel.

The other end of the DIN cable goes to the amp - under the left top panel.

Well that was just to easy. I think I just forgot to plug that one in when I was putting everyrhing back together. Now onto tunning the cb. I .ooked into it on here last year but never got a meter to do it with.