IGNORED

red light revers

muaymendez1

Do we ever grow up?

Just to be clear I am guilty of this.

Why do so many guys rev thier bikes at red lights, or when in a tunnel or over pass.

I think I know why the latter but why at lights.

Years ago when bikes were really not reliable and guys changed pipes jets and rodded it. The carbs would flood up and foul the plugs, so when sitting a light a quick flip of the throttle would clear the carb so why is it guys with very reliable bikes and fuel injection, do they still rev the bike at the light

Reving the engine at a red light can help the magnetic strip sensor under the street recognize the motorcycle. Something to do with the higher varying stator output at the r&r. So now you know why it is ok to rev.

Mike :lightbulb:

Reving the engine at a red light can help the magnetic strip sensor under the street recognize the motorcycle. Something to do with the higher varying stator output at the r&r. So now you know why it is ok to rev.

Sweet.....works for me...:thumbsup:

:canada:

Wow. Who wants to buy a bridge?

Well, me thinks that red light rever's fall into two basic categories.

There are those that need to rev (old Harley's, Triumph's, etc) to keep their bikes running.

Then you have the Yammie rider's who need to rev to make sure the bike is running.

:15_8_211[1]:

You've been listening to "The Leader Of The Pack" again, haven't you?!!?

And whats your point Bob? :think:

Bongo! Leader of the pack? Hahahaha. There goes to show the age difference. I was thinking more of motley crues girls girls girls

Motley Crues?????? Whats that???? The only motley Crues I've heard of are when a bunch of Venture Riders get together. Now that's a Motley Crew!!!!! :whistling: