IGNORED

More centrestand questions

ReinyRooster

O.K.....so I installed the centre stand on my 2006 RSV and then learned that I have to always put the side stand down before using the centre stand. Great....so the bike is up on the centre stand......for the life of me I cannot push or rock it forward enough to get it to come down off the stand. I'm not a small boy, and I rocked this thing til I was blue in the face...she won't roll forward enough to come off the stand!!!

Any suggestions???

Well THAT explains it!!! The bike is setting waaaay too low making it hard to get it on the centerstand as well as off. You should have at least 40 psi in the rear. Maybe you have the dreaded blown shock diaphragm...

PS oiling the center stand will help out a lot.

How much of an angle does the bottom of the CS kick out towards the front when it is down? I know that on my Diamond R, I had to add two 1/4" bolts as shown. The bolt heads act like stops, reducing the angle. You need some angle, but the closer to 90°, the easier it will be to get the bike off of it.

Had two of them over the years JohnT....had an '83 and then an '87.....nothing but good things to say about them.

Got the bike down off the centre stand with some help. Will make some adjustments over the weekend when time permits. That should fix it.

I love the center stand on my first gen most of the time. Only problem I have with it is if I park it with only a half to quarter tank of fuel in the garage, instead of rocking off the stand, it goes for a walk across the painted floor. Wouldn't have a problem if it were bare concrete...but no. Roomie has to have it painted.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

O.K.....so I installed the centre stand on my 2006 RSV and then learned that I have to always put the side stand down before using the centre stand. Great....so the bike is up on the centre stand......for the life of me I cannot push or rock it forward enough to get it to come down off the stand. I'm not a small boy, and I rocked this thing til I was blue in the face...she won't roll forward enough to come off the stand!!!

Any suggestions???

I had the same trouble. I finally gave up and took mine off. It's a 900 lb bike and not so easy to rock a center stand down.

Had two of them over the years JohnT....had an '83 and then an '87.....nothing but good things to say about them.

Got the bike down off the centre stand with some help. Will make some adjustments over the weekend when time permits. That should fix it.

Hey Rooster...

If you have the problem again, try pushing it from the side. Left or right really doesn't matter unless you are particular about which side you drop it on......

Always willing to lend a hand to a friend in need......:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:15_8_211[1]:

Why not just park the back tire up on a wide 2 by X wooden pad and ensure the back tire is on it. That should make your center stand a ton easier to put up and take down.

maybe your bike has had lowering links put on that would make it almost impossible to use your center stand, unless you use a wooden pad method.

Brian

A few years ago my brother (really, it wasn't me, really), rode up his fairly steep driveway to his garage door, and without thinking it through, put his 83 Goldwing on its centre stand. It was easy to do because of the sloped driveway, and he was happy until he realized that his garage door (the swing out slab type) opened toward the bike, and he hadn't left room. He couldn't work the bike around sideways for fear of dropping it on the steep driveway, and it was impossible to rock it forward off the stand. In the end, he had to ask the Harley owner across the road to help, which he did, smiling all the time.

This all happened in Regina Saskatchewan, so it couldn't have been me. I've never lived there.:whistling:

And yes, that's how we Great White Northerners spell centre. It's like metre, or motre as in motre bike.:backinmyday: