IGNORED

Plastic paint

frodotoo

I need knowledgeable opinions on spray paint for a car top carrier I picked up for my trailer. I see Rustoleum/Krylon/Valspar all advertise spray paint to cover plastic and I would like to know if anyone has experience spraying these types of items. Nothing fancy mind you, just something to cover the scuffed up off-white/gray of the Sears X-Cargo I picked up.

Here is an idea you might want to check out. My son got on this kick a couple weeks back he wanted to paint the wheels on his car. He had seen a video on you tube and asked me if I had ever heard of plasti dip. I told him yea we use to dip pliers etc in a can of it years ago. Well I guess they make it in a spray now and the rage is spraying your wheels. So being it is a plastic and must be at least semi-pliable what about that?

I sprayed mine to match my millinium, and it turned out really well. But Ive done alot of painting and I didnt cut any corners. My paint dealer guy at the auto store suggested I use the plastic cleaner for a better job. I used Plas-Stick 2320S Plastics cleaner made by Dupont. I bought a quart and still have almost half left. Supposally- this is chemically designed to help the paint bond to the plastic better. To be honest I did mine 3 summers ago and it still looks great. I also used Dupont plastic paint that he mixed to the color I liked heres after and before, I have better pictures but at work at the moment. I actually later added a tool box and more lights also

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Hazenson/100_3830.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Hazenson/100_3544.jpg