IGNORED

spark plug question

I have a 99 vrs, I think it may need new plugs, what is the easiest way to access the plugs? Do I need to remove the gas tank or does anyone have any tricks of the trade on this one?? Also any One have any experience with split fire plugs, a buddy of mine uses them in his harley and loves them, thx guys

No real trick, just use a u joint and a short extension. The front "dogbones" (fake upper fins) in front have to come off. Gas tank removed makes it easier to work on.

I wouldn't waste my money on the splitfires Just use NGK plugs, and buy the irridium ones, they last a lot longer, unless you enjoy new plugs every year...

I have a 99 vrs, I think it may need new plugs, what is the easiest way to access the plugs? Do I need to remove the gas tank or does anyone have any tricks of the trade on this one?? Also any One have any experience with split fire plugs, a buddy of mine uses them in his harley and loves them, thx guys

I agree with Bongo for NGK Iridium IX plugs

If you just unbolt the tank and slide it back, it makes it easy to access the front plugs. However, if you get that far, just disconnect the front wires and the fuel hose. Put the whole tank aside and it makes it real simple.