IGNORED

Preaching to the Choir with this one.

dingy

""What it means to you

That last fact, the low cost of repairing most motorcycle fix-its, may be the really important news for Harley-Davidson shareholders.

It may help to explain why -- Harley's weak performance on the surveynotwithstanding -- CR says Harley owners remain the most brand-loyal of all motorcycle owners, with an astounding 75% saying yes, they'd buy a Harley again. The occasional small repair bill may simply be a price they're willing to pay for owning the most famous name in motorcycles. (And it probably doesn't hurt that Harley goes the extra mile to take care of its customers when an issue with one of its bikes does arise.)"""

IMHO - While I really appreciate Consumer Reports data gathering and always enjoy going over the numbers, their interpretation of what those numbers mean leaves a lot to be desired!!

"Low Cost repairs" and "Harley Davidson" is an oxymoron if there ever was one, the "return buyer" has nothing to do with how inexpensive or expensive a repair bill is..

Buddy bought a brand new Switchback two years ago, complained to the Dealer of major viberations.. Was told it was pipe related, replaced pipes ($700). Didnt work. Said it was compensator, was told compensator delete (running without compensator) would fix it, done no cost to him. Didnt work. HD backed out of warranty because compensator was removed and crank run out was found bad (all work done by them). Bike is now running again at additional cost of $2500, ended up replacing crank/cams.. Still vibes. Buddy is ticked, BUT,, would he buy another HD - of course,, it has nothing to do with repair $$ and everything to do with how they look, feel, sound, smell,,, and how much girls like em :rotf::rotf::rotf:(not to everyone but to a LOT of people)..

Yea, I read that report as well as the comments following. I kinda got tickled that one HD owner said he had put 10,000 miles on his in 10 years. W-O-W That's Awesome!!!! Hmmm, let's see, I put 23,000 on my 09 the first year I had it. No one on that site ever mention the 5 year warranty or the RSV. Wonder why???Oh, I know, that would have backed up the CR report!