IGNORED

Low Brake fluid light

Went out to check the battery on the 86 this afternoon, powered up fine, but since the last time I turned the key about a month ago, it has decided that the low brake fluid light should be on. I read a few threads here this afternoon, found the rear resevoir was a bit low, brought it up, no change. Now, I read something about a possibility of resoldering the computer? Are there any threads that deal directly with that? I couldn't find any, and not that I"m really looking to do something like that, it would be good to at least have the reference. Thanks.

Joe

Now, I read something about a possibility of resoldering the computer? Are there any threads that deal directly with that? I couldn't find any, and not that I"m really looking to do something like that, it would be good to at least have the reference. Thanks.

Joe

Basically same procedure as CLASS E4 error repair. It just takes longer to dig the CMS out of the dash, to re-solder the main plug in connections.

I don't think it would be worn pads, it hasn't been ridden since I bought it, and everything checked out okay then. I'm suspicious of the extreme cold messing with a sensor or possibly the cms. I've been researching the threads and going through my manual, doe anyone know exactly hot to get the cms out if I do have to go that way? Thanks.

Spoke too soon. Finally found the right combination of search terms. For now I'm going to assume the removal is the same on an 83 as it is for an 86. Someone speak up if I'm wrong. :)

The frame needs to be removed to get at the 83-85 while the 86 up has a flip up panel.... Everything else is the same. When you filled the reserves make sure you didn't over fill them, and another thing to check is the rear master switch float being held down in the empty position by the rubber 'accordian' and it giving you a false low fluid reading.