IGNORED

Crazy people

Galapagos

To be serious, it's not that bad. Ive done it since the early 80's. It's gotten much easier with the new technology in fabrics.

You can buy really thin long underwear. Wal Mart and Sams has good deals on it.) THAT will do. But being it's winter and your chance of crashing is increased, I add on the Bhon Armor over the long Underwear. The CE Armor helps fend off cool spots on the old Joints of us old guys.

Then I wear Draggin Jeans a Fleece hoodie and my Normal Jacket of choice.

A full face works best. I use a Cheap Wal Mart Fleece Balaclava, I have $30 ones that don't measure up to this $5 one.

If its a REALLY long ride like over two hours. You can use the MINI HOTMAX or HOT HANDS warmers in your boots and gloves. Two minis are better than one big one, In THIS case anyways.

I use Heated gloves. And thats the only power drain. But never leave without the Hot Hands in case something fails.

I don't have any other heated grips, seat or any of that. dont think its needed. I consider such things weak spots. (Something to break)

Of course you have to get your bike ready. I hear a lot of people say salt ruins the Aluminum. But I rode my Road Star Midnight Silverado that has all Chrome front end and lots of aluminum all year round 7 years and it's flawless. You just coat all that with Engine fogger or they sell a temp spray on paint. It washes right off but protects.

And of course a dark side tire works best. I do it both ways though.

Plus, I think its way better on the bike than storing it! Running gas through it, heating up the oil and getting the moisture out of the crankcase, flowing oil, gear lube, antifreeze and grease over all the parts. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. You KNOW your bike would love it!

After your done wipe her down with some FW1 cleaning wax :cool10:and it don't get any better than that! :cool10:

I commute to work on the bike. Not only get much better MPG than the truck but I also can take HOV lanes and Express Lines are free so save up to $10 per day on tolls.

As IronMike said, it is all about the gear. Once it goes below 35 I leave the leather at home. I have a set of Olympia over pants fully lined and with armor. For the jacket, another Olympia, (I think both are X-moto). I have a heated liner and gloves that come with me every day. Sometimes I don't need them but just in case. Oh and the other change is the helmet, as I also use full-face with a turtle neck guard. It is only 32 mls so not really a long ride, but long enough to be miserable if I don't zip every zipper properly and cover every inch of skin.

This season I had to leave the bike home 6 days so far, mostly because I couldn’t' get out of the community with it.

This year is the first time I have ever ridden in sub zero temps... well it was just -1 and went up to 4 by the time I made it to work, but I am calling it sub zero :rotf::rotf:. I have also learn this year than snow and the venture don't go well together... teh snow piles up on the shield and the time it happened on December I had to stop a million times to clean it up bc I couldn’t see though it. Solution.... couple days ago I purchased the adjustable windshield from baggershield. Can't wait to get it!!!!

Great Deal ION! LOL You GO! Hey! They made some rainx type stuff for windscreens, safe for plastic, it really works, I bought two bottles at the MC show two years ago its called http://www.all-kleer.com/all-kleer-motorcycle.html

All I can say is, it works. (Free sample at that link!!!)

I keep some in a 35 mm film container at all times.

Even good to use to preserve you new drop down screen, and repel bugs, rain, sleet, snow and fog!

Can be used on anything plastic.

Last summer we left Gatlinburg Tn. in a torrential downpour to seek dry riding. (Thanks to Rainy Days APP) We went through the National Forest and a HD guy in front of us was leaning over to see around his screen, yet we could see clearly, so we took the lead soon as it was safe.

In Cherokee he asked how we could see. I couldn't even tell him the name of the stuff because I had it in a film container. Sorry HD guy! But he found it on a search Im sure.

Get some! Great on sunglasses, screen visors and i have even used it on chrome! And I dont get any money for selling the stuff, just a disclaimer.

I just applied for a free sample but I'm wondering if I'll get it because it is volatile and therefore can't be shipped internationally via usps.

or at least that is what I think is the case

The form did accept a Canadian address.

I am going out tomorrow on a snowmobile that has about the same coverage / wind protection as my VR. I'll be out all day. But then again, I have a full coverage helmet and a 2 piece snowmobile suit.

If it weren't for the road salt I could ride the bike. Once the salt is off the roads, the snowmobile suit will see double duty.