IGNORED

83 venture parts needed

bigclyde

Looking for a rear master cylinder reservoir for a 83 Venture Royal 1200cc, checked ebay no luck. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPREACIATED. You can PM me or email me at clydetoston@gmail.com. Thanks and Merry Christmas to all.

Here's one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/87-YAMAHA-XVZ13-CLUTCH-RESERVOIR-/270897165600?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f12bab520&vxp=mtr

It is mislabeled as a clutch reservoir, but it is the rear brake reservoir. It's for a 1987, but it will work on the '83, no issues. Cheap, too, especially since there are a couple more rear brake reservoirs as part of the rear master assembly trying to be sold for $129-$139. This one is a deal, get it.

I'm betting the fill plug is broken out of the reservoir you have?

Merry Christmas!

Jeff:

I slip a wrench over the outside of the reservoir where the threaded plug goes in (the angled part) of the body, to help support the metal and then use another wrench on the fill plug hex head. The wrench over the angled part should fit very close to support that pot metal.

What we need is a piece of aluminum that would span the width of the reservoir and fit over each end. And then mill an angled slot in it to fit snugly around the fill port. This would support the whole side of the reservoir. Maybe .375" or .500" thick aluminum.

Now all we need is someone with a mill to make up a prototype?????

Jim

Jeff:

I slip a wrench over the outside of the reservoir where the threaded plug goes in (the angled part) of the body, to help support the metal and then use another wrench on the fill plug hex head. The wrench over the angled part should fit very close to support that pot metal.

What we need is a piece of aluminum that would span the width of the reservoir and fit over each end. And then mill an angled slot in it to fit snugly around the fill port. This would support the whole side of the reservoir. Maybe .375" or .500" thick aluminum.

Now all we need is someone with a mill to make up a prototype?????

Jim

Dang it, now you got me thinking. You know that is dangerous.......:whistling: