IGNORED

Why

gez

I have warm clothes, a snowblower on my garden tractor, and a snowmobile.

On my snowmobile I can go as fast as it will go, or get back into places you can't get to most any other time of year. I can gently cruise the wilderness, or go night life hopping across most of northern NY. :happy65:

Then again, I spent 3 hours behind the wheel in Lancaster County Pa. yesterday and finally made the 40 minute trip from York to Hanover. :bang head: I hate folks that are just to dumb to drive in "bad" weather. (barely snowing, accumulation of like 4 inches) The old gag of "idiots and morons". Idiots to dumb to slow down a little who crash. And morons that think they can hit the bottom of a hill at 10 m.p.h. And when they can't make it, block the road for 40 minutes trying to climb to the top. I finally got impatient and walked up the hill. I offered to tun the car around for HIM (not her, him). I then demonstrated a reverse 180 and walked back down to my truck. In all fairness I used to have a ball driving in winter. Maybe to much fun.

Disclaimer time. I don't really like anything about winter anymore. :crying:

Hey John, one thing nice about the first snow of the year, it gets the bad winter drivers off the road! They wreck and that's the last we see of them...:stirthepot:

Unfortunately insurance companies usually allow them another vehicle...its amazing how quick they are back on the road.

OK, I'll bite on this one. I live in the heart of downtown Toronto, which is now the 4th largest city on North America. Nobody in my family, including myself, ever thought I would move to this city, let alone survive here. If not for my second wife, I would never have moved here. Now, my challenge is to describe to others why I think I am such a lucky guy to be here. It does feel good inside when I arrive at my cabin on the lake but it feels equally good in a different way when I arrive back here in Toronto.

To me there is something drastically wrong with that picture..............there isn't enough money in North America to make me want to visit a large city, let alone live in one.. I don't even like cities 1/10th the size of Toronto.

Just heard on the news that the state of Florida could be sunned-in for the next several days. Residents have been urged to hunker down at their nearest beach or tiki bar awaiting further instructions. Use extreme caution when braving this blizzard of sunshine, preferably SPF30 or higher. We are asking our friends and relatives to the north to keep us in their thoughts as we deal with two feet buried in the sand.

I can't wait til our house sells so we can get down that way. I'll swap 5/6 months of cold, rain, snow and wind for 3 months of hot and humid weather. In the heat I can still ride, I can get in the pool, Go to the beach plus I would rather change a flat tire in 98 degrees and humid than 7 below zero with 25 mph winds

:thumbsup2:

I lived in Michigan my whole life. We bought a vacation home in Florida in July of 2012. We took several vacations down to the house. March of this year we were backing out of the driveway and I looked at the wife and said its time to move down here. She agreed. Got home and started getting the house ready to put on the market. Listed it the Friday before Memorial Day and accepted an offer the following Tuesday. Who would have ever expected that in Michigan! Left the house for the last time on June 21st, only wish I would have done this 25 years ago.....

Talked to my son yesterday - he was on his way home from work and said it was 18 degrees. Told him I washed and waxed the car...

Rick where you all looking to go? Are you going to have to work also when you move. That may have a pretty big say so in where you look. Different areas are better fro jobs. If you dont have to move for a job and need maybe something part time that frees up some areas. The Gainsville Ocala areas in the middle part of state have better riding I think and the temp may not get a hot as it does in say Ft Lauderdale/Miami area. Cost of living also is higher down there. :080402gudl_prv: