IGNORED

surgery rotator cuff

Dave

Hello, well I had surgery on may 8th and doc finally released me to ride scooter at my last appt on oct 31st Thursday so on sat. was my clubs last ride for the season it was a bit chilly at 36 deg in the morning when I left but at this point I was jones so bad I didn't not care about the temp. I and 23 other bikes did 223 miles had a great ride. this really tested me to not be able to ride this summer.so five months after surgery before I was aloud to ride again for those who need to have this surgery this will give you an Idea of the time you will be off your bike. I ask the doc how soon can I ride my sled now that season is almost here and he is thinking end of jan first of feb. I have my finger crossed for a lot of SNOW......:cool10:

Just had the same thing done on my left shoulder on Nov. 5, I had to have my right shoulder done in 2011. Not fun but it had to be done. I had mine done now so I would not miss too much riding time. I do miss not making opening day of firearm deer opener but I hunted the Oct. bow season and plan to be out all of Dec. for bow and blackpowder with a little help from a few friends.:cool10:

I had both of mine done at different times but my down time was only 6 weeks or so. I had therapy for 8 weeks but the only drawback was strength - I had all the rom, actually more than I had before surgery.

My therapist (not the mental one) cut me off therapy early on the second shoulder, she couldn't understand why I was even there. gave me some strength exercises for home and said goodbye.

Brother is goin on a year of rehab and surgery for his. I have avoided the knife with acupuncture and exercise.

The only advise I can give is to keep up on physio therapy and lots of exercising to build the muscles around the shoulder... this is where big bro is lacking, causing him a ton of trouble.