IGNORED

Thanks For The Help New Question Also

Thanks to those of you that gave me help when I was fixing leaking valve cover. Job is done and no leaks now. I decided to let dealer adjust valves a little to much over my head but thanks for the info on that.

Now I have a question I have been in search of why I have a ticking sound in my intercom when I try to talk to my wife so was going to take windshield and front cover off to check wires. Most of it I had done till I found out you had to take the light bar off to get front cover off and those two bolts were in a place under front cover below head light where I could not get them out so need help in how to do that. I got one loose but the other never moved and there is no room under the head light to get tool to it so never got front off. No room at all. Is there a special tool needed allen wrench worked on left one facing head light but the right side I never got loose. I sprayed it with liquid wrench and it did not break loose and I guess it takes a tool that will bend to get fully into it then be able to apply lots of pressure. Anyway did get it to where I could pull connection loose from radio and put dialectic grease in it helped some but still have some noise so I feel must take front all the way off so I can get to things better any suggestions appreciated. If those two bolts will come out the two lights on bar will lay down out of the way or it looks that way. All seems to have come from Yamaha that way in 99. Front cover has to come forward and the light bar is stopping that from taking place. My bike is a 99 RSV. Thanks

hello Seeing, I took mine off with a T-handle I believe that is a 6mm. some have spacers behind them so you just have to loosen them up instead of removing completely. also lay you a towel or something on the front fender. does the sound you hear happen all the time or only when moving, motor on or motor off, inquiring minds need to know.

What I had been hearing was a ticking sound in our helmets mine more than my wife's that sounded like spark plug noise that you use to hear in old radio's long ago before the resister plugs came out. Yesterday when I got the windshield off but could not get the two bolts out that held the lights to remove the front cover I could see down into the front where radio is mounted. I took screw driver and pushed the connection that come out of radio and plugs into all the wires going to speaker and such. Ticking noise stopped but still had noise some at high volume like static. So finally with some effort got front cover out to where I could get my hands down into it and un plugged the connection and then put dialectic grease on it and put it back in place. That seems to have helped a lot so ride today will tell if the ticking is back but in that connection and group of wires the noise is coming from there. If I could get front off I could maybe look more but those bolts are so close that when I tried to get allen wrench T handle to fit into the right one could not get straight on it and it was stuck very tight so sprayed it and left it put everything back on will try again. Will ride today to see if ticking is gone sure hope so wife and I like to talk as we ride and look at country side. Were you able to get T handle straight onto the bolts holding the lights if so any tricks I need to know about?

I remember what a PITA it was to remove those bolts the first time I took off the fairing. I used a ball type allen wrench and then I bought a spacer from someone that lowers the light bar making it easy to remove. I can't remember who it was but to me it was well worth the +-$30.

Endeavor to persevere.

A guy told me about the ball allen wrench so will look for one tomorrow and yes I would give thirty for a lowering kit as they are a B to get too and I hope that one does break loose. I think I can find the problem with the clicking if I get into the front but time will tell. Today it was less than it had been so putting the grease in that one fitting had to help so once front is off maybe things will get easier. Thanks

+1 on the Ball Allen wrenches! I bought a set from NAPA.

Also when you get the bolts out, I used yellow 3M to hold the spacers in place while re-installing the light bar. Also some one told me :whistling:that it is very easy to cross thread those bolts...