IGNORED

Just bought a lift

Bert2006

Lifts are on sale for $60 this week at CND Tire. Just bought the 1500lbs model similar to the Sears one. Most folks indicate that this lift will slowly lower but when I used it today I could not get it to lower slowly, it just drops. :shock3: Is there any way to adjust to slow it down?:322:

Instead of just stepping on the release pedal, do the pumping motion with your foot like you do with a foot pump filling air in tire...and don't push down all the way...about an inch or so only. Not sure if i expressed this properly...but it works in getting the bike down slowly...always holding on to the handle bar so it doesn't fall over. Good luck.

:beer::canada:

Instead of just stepping on the release pedal, do the pumping motion with your foot like you do with a foot pump filling air in tire...and don't push down all the way...about an inch or so only. Not sure if i expressed this properly...but it works in getting the bike down slowly...always holding on to the handle bar so it doesn't fall over. Good luck.

:beer::canada:

Thanks for the advice, :thumbsup2: tried that but it releases all at once even with the slightest pressure, not even an inch. Will need to make sure I keep it balanced on tires when lowering so it does not fall on sidestand too fast. Thanks again, :322:

Press the release pedal all the way down and hold it down. There will be an initial jerk and then it will slowly lower.

Be careful working on the bike if you just put it on the lift. I find with mine it will slowly lower on its own - pressure releases. Use the lock arm to prevent it from going down. Best to raise the bike, and using the Carbon One lift adapter put the legs on and move the lift out of your way.

The Larin brand one that I have is proportional.

A quick jab of the release, pulling away quickly, will lower it just a little. I think thats what Chabichecka? meant, just pulse it.

Mine will actually lower slowly with partial and continuous pressure but if you can't even jab and pull away then maybe your release valve is sticking open when activated.