IGNORED

Need valve bucket tool.

Guest EDGE540T

Guest EDGE540T

Does anyone know where I can get the valve bucket tool to hold the buckets down so I can replace the shims. My dealer can't find a current part number for the tool.

Thanks

Really? I bought mine less than a year ago at the local Stealer for $30, I think. I'm sure Zanotti can get you one for less, they can get anything from the factory. Or, I can send mine to you if you promise to send it back! :) I hope not to be using it again for awhile.

Jeremy

Guest EDGE540T

Thanks for the offer Jeremy. I rather buy one than borrow one but if I can't find one for a reasonable price I might take you up on your offer. I found the one's on E-bay but they are a little pricey. Jemery I will send you a private message.

Thanks,

Joe

HMMMM, guess I better think about that too, as I plan on checking mine while the engines out.

Dan

Since you already have the motor out Dan that would be the best time to check them. I had a heck of a time doing mine . I bought my tool on the eBay had in my hands within three days sure does make things easier having that tool without it is a bugger.

buddy

Guest EDGE540T

The Yamaha part number for the tool is obsolete with no cross reference. I went back to my dealer and found an aftermarket company that sells the tool. The picture in the catalog is the same one that’s on E-Bay that shows different tools for different applications. The dealer price is $19.50. I was able to get on for a few dollars more because I worked there for about 13 years as a mechanic. You would think I could have borrowed a tool from them but the head mechanic who is a good friend of mine couldn’t find the tool.

Joe

"Since you already have the motor out Dan that would be the best time to check them. I had a heck of a time doing mine . I bought my tool on the eBay had in my hands within three days sure does make things easier having that tool without it is a bugger."

Yeah, it's not much fun; dunno how you could possibly do it without the tool. I had the tool and a helper. He turned the engine with a wrench while I guided the tool into place.

Jeremy

"Since you already have the motor out Dan that would be the best time to check them. I had a heck of a time doing mine . I bought my tool on the eBay had in my hands within three days sure does make things easier having that tool without it is a bugger."

Yeah, it's not much fun; dunno how you could possibly do it without the tool. I had the tool and a helper. He turned the engine with a wrench while I guided the tool into place.

Jeremy

Does anyone know where I can get the valve bucket tool to hold the buckets down so I can replace the shims. My dealer can't find a current part number for the tool.

Thanks

I got one i'll loan you. I won't be needing it for a while just mail it back when your done. I bought it off ebay but I hardly ever see them.

I got one i'll loan you. I won't be needing it for a while just mail it back when your done. I bought it off ebay but I hardly ever see them.

Hey Dragon, if'n he don't need it, I sure will. I'm gonna check my stealers for shim swap, if they do, I'll beg you, if they don't, I'll have to get ahold of Buddyrich's kit.

Dan

• 5 months later...