IGNORED

Speed

pick

I thought I read this here before, but couldn't find it. After instaling my GPS, I've noticed that the speed is diferent. GPS will read 80 MPH and the bikes speedo is showing 86-88 moh? I know the GPS is acurate asI've had it in my car (certified speedo) and it reads dead on. Bike reads 6-8 mph fast? Is this common?

2nd Gens trying to be faster than they are again!!

But if you place an EGO-meter on a 1st gen , it would peg out as fast as the 1st gen rider thinks of hopping onto the scoot ! :rotf::rotf::stirthepot:

BEER30

P.S. What does the 1st gen plastic and a 1st gen rider have in common ?

They are both Cracked ! :rotf::rotf::rotf::stirthepot: X2

- - - and that my friend is why the Australian powers-to-be will no longer allow the Venture into Australia, because the speedometer reads too far out of the allowable limits for Australian Design Rules.

We allow 8% variation - the Venture can be up to 10% out of whack.

That makes my 2004 Venture (the 58th one brought in to the country) now worth a lot more money.

The 2008 model currently being sold here is the last for us Aussies.

But if you place an EGO-meter on a 1st gen , it would peg out as fast as the 1st gen rider thinks of hopping onto the scoot !

BEER30

P.S. What does the 1st gen plastic and a 1st gen rider have in common ?

They are both Cracked ! :stirthepot:

Hey, I like Eggs, what's wrong with that?? And they're best served cracked....:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Randy I believe you told me you corrected your speedo error by taking it apart and adjusting the needle am I wrong? My 1st gen is about 6-10 mph off depending on speed.

It may have something to do with tire brand and rolling radius?? I never checked mine with a GPS until after I'd mounted an Avon Venom. It might have been off with the E II???

Randy I believe you told me you corrected your speedo error by taking it apart and adjusting the needle am I wrong? My 1st gen is about 6-10 mph off depending on speed.

Gee, I'd love to see somebody trying to 'bend' the needle on a 2nd gen! :rotf: :rotf: