IGNORED

Cruise Control Delay Part II

After reading the reponses I got, I tried out the cruise control again on a few good days we had this week. Symptoms include 1) When I hit the set button, the "set" light comes on. But when I let go of throttle, it drops 5 mph then pulls it back up to set speed. I tried hitting the accel button, but no help. I tried holding the throttle steady till the computer "took control". No help, even if I hold the throttle for a minute, when released speed will drop 5mph then pick back up. 2) CHECK THIS - after bike is properly cruising on its own I tap the accel button, bike SLOWS DOWN 5mph THEN ACCELS 6mph. 3) if I tap the "coast" button, the bike slows down 5mph, the accels 4mph.

I talked to service manager of dealer where I bought the bike used. He said it sounded like a cable adjustment, and "adjustments" were not covered under warranty, only "parts failure". He did offer to call Yamaha on Monday though. We will see!!

I would not think cruise controls adjustments a "typical maintenance adjustment" like tire pressure, oil level, brake pads, etc.

Who has had this problem, how was it corrected, and was it warranty?

Tap "set" button, then tap "accel" button. Tried that, bunch of times. In my previous thread, one response stated that once the "set" light comes on, it is good to go. The light comes on less than 1 sec after tapping "set" button, but still drops 5 mph when throttle released.

I'd like to know what Yamaha has to say. I'm having the same thing happen on my '03. Cruise will even cut off at times. Usually after coasting down hill, then reengaging to go up hill. But the speed drop and delay really make it just about not worth using in hilly terrain.

I'd like to know what Yamaha has to say. I'm having the same thing happen on my '03. Cruise will even cut off at times. Usually after coasting down hill, then reengaging to go up hill. But the speed drop and delay really make it just about not worth using in hilly terrain.

Yeah, hilly terrain is a problem. The whole unit will shut off if you go 5mph slower or faster than the set point.

when you go back to your dealer take the bike and just pull up to the door and tap the window hardenough to bust the glass and then tell them the cruise wouldnt release i bet you get it looked at

like i said just run the front tire through the glass in the door

:smile5:

DANG DRAY! I don't want to scratch the paint on my scoot! How about a cement block thru the window? I seen that done at a bank in SC one time. Course it was at night and the bank was closed, but it sure got a lot of attention from the local's anyway!

Not a bad idea though. Not bad.