IGNORED

Rear brake caliper pad cover fallen off? Has anyone else had this happen?

Midnight

Has anyone else had this happen? It seems that my rear brake pad cover has fallen off somewhere in our travels. Its Yamaha Part # 1NL-25836-00-00 and costs some $25 for a piece of plastic that will likely fall off again. How important is this thing? I assume it keeps dirt and debris out. Not sure how long its been gone. It was there when I checked the pads some 5000km ago. Any comments appreciated. Thanks

That part is $10.66 + shipping $6.95 (up to $60 total purchases)from Partzilla. It is an inspection cover, and keeps big dirt clods from getting in the works. Stay out of the dirt clods and you'll be fine.......or, search e-bay for a serviceable used one if you don't want to spring for the new.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

Has anyone else had this happen? It seems that my rear brake pad cover has fallen off somewhere in our travels. Its Yamaha Part # 1NL-25836-00-00 and costs some $25 for a piece of plastic that will likely fall off again. How important is this thing? I assume it keeps dirt and debris out. Not sure how long its been gone. It was there when I checked the pads some 5000km ago. Any comments appreciated. Thanks

If yuou come by my place I will be happy to give you the extra one I have.