IGNORED

Giving Sirius a try

Freebird

As I've posted before, I've had XM in my home, car, work car, and motorcycle for about 4 years now. I've become less satisfied with them over the past months though due to more and more advertising. Often it is only advertising about other XM channels but to me, that is STILL advertising. Just play the music and get rid of ALL ads, djs, etc.

Today I bought a Sirius and will see how it compares. If I'm happier with it, I will be replacing all my XM units with Sirius. I just bought one unit for now. It came with the vehicle kit and I picked up a home kit for it also. I've been listening to it for a couple of hours now and so far like the music channels better than the XM. I already knew that I would though because I get XM music channels on my TV with my Dish Network service.

The only downside is that the decent Sirius units are expensive. I will say that you get more receiver for the money with XM.

Guest gregs02

i've had Sirrus on my bike for a while,,the best there is,,i have a friend that has a goldwing and he has XM all i hear are complaints from him,,

I currently have them both and the winner is either/neither one. Kind of like compairing Dish & Direct TV (Which I have had both also). They both play the same stuff just at a little different time slots. Some of the talk shows are brand specific but the music channels could be swapped back and forth and if no one told you which was which you would never know. Just my 2cents

Yea, the advertising is not what I signed up for. BVinson is right though. After listening to Sirius for a couple of days now, they are pretty much the same as XM in that regard. They may not call it advertising but in my opinion, that's exactly what it is. Too much talk and etc. Heck...I don't want to hear any DJs at all. Just play the music and shut up.

I had XM at first about 3 years ago, moved to Sirius because my brother had it and I liked it a lot better, Sirius had a much better music selections. I also have it in the house. Had a little trouble with the antenna so I decided to RTV one on top of the chimney, Ran the wire down the chimney anded a extension and there you have it it's been working great now for three years.

Advertising- Not much of that but it seems like there's a little more talking.

I been using the Starmate 2 for the last 3 years (pic below) I have no problem with gloves. I purchase the Starmate 4 the Starmate 3 and 4 has a cradle and Starmate 2 dose not and it's a little bigger. Gearing up to make the switch and do a life time membership.

I've had my sirius for since 05 and like it very much. Have it in my car an on the bike. Like I had posted before, I had trouble keeping a station. I bought a modulator and I have had no problems since. Works just fine. I like to listen to the old "pop", 50's and 60's also clasic radio, Shadow, Burns and Allen, Superman, etc.:cool10:

I think you'll like it.

Ken