IGNORED

My New Trailer Upgrades.

T.J.

In my other post I talked about the wire hook up failing. I have since pulled the trailer over 250 miles. You learn a lot when you get new things. The trailer pulls great. You really can't tell it is back there except for the bouncing that you see but really do not feel. It does pull better when loaded down with something like the cooler filled with ice and water. I have a spare tire that is on the inside along with a tool bag. These two items just bounce all over the place. I kept looking for cargo nets that would fit inside and I would some how bolt that in place. What I decided on was a cartop bag. Walmart has the one I bought. It is expandable from 10-15 cubic feet. The size is 32 X 37 and either 19" to 21" high. KarPak Model #13911 in case anybody cares to look at it.

It has some tabs (see pics) that were in line with some bolts (hinges and latches) that were in the trailer already. I took my leather punch and put a hole in the tabs and installed the bag. It now stays secure in the bottom and I just put stuff in the bag that I want to haul and the bag keeps everything in place.

Just sharing some ideas. Would be nice to hear what others have done.

When I bolted the topper to the trailer I used eye bolts with a nut and fender washer on the inside and a Lock nut and fender washer on the outside bottom of the trailer. This gives me 4 anchor points that are not anchoring to plastic but are solid to the trailer. I just use bungee cords to tie stuff down if I do not have a "full load", but if you ever saw my little tent.......

The spare tire is mounted under the trailer on the bottom of the tongue. Flat tires are not that common so it is OK if the spare is not easy to get to. I stand the trailer on end for storage so the spare is right there chest high for easy checking of air pressure before I pull it down to load for a trip.

I am looking at the possibility of adding 2 tubes on the bottom of the trailer to hold the folding chairs. I have not yet checked to see if there is room between the floor and the axle, or if they would have to go sideways.

When I bolted the topper to the trailer I used eye bolts with a nut and fender washer on the inside and a Lock nut and fender washer on the outside bottom of the trailer. This gives me 4 anchor points that are not anchoring to plastic but are solid to the trailer. I just use bungee cords to tie stuff down if I do not have a "full load", but if you ever saw my little tent.......

The spare tire is mounted under the trailer on the bottom of the tongue. Flat tires are not that common so it is OK if the spare is not easy to get to. I stand the trailer on end for storage so the spare is right there chest high for easy checking of air pressure before I pull it down to load for a trip.

I am looking at the possibility of adding 2 tubes on the bottom of the trailer to hold the folding chairs. I have not yet checked to see if there is room between the floor and the axle, or if they would have to go sideways.

Good idea with eye bolts.:thumbsup2:

Don't have your problems, the only time I pull the trailer the missus goes along,, problem solved!

You must mean she rides in the trailer and that keeps it from bouncing? That must be a rough ride back there.:smile5: