IGNORED

Problems finding Oil & Filter @ Walmart.

Nemo

Several have suggested Rotella 15W 40 motor oil and a Supertech ST-7317 Filter from Walmart. The Rotella oil containers state "Diesel" on them and apparently they don't stock the Supertech any more. I need some advice or suggestions. Thank you! Owen.

The white jug is what I use in my 83 and it should show various vehicles, such as lawn mowers, motorcycles and diesel trucks. Keep in mind that you don't get a more hostile environment on the bearings than a diesel truck engine. I also noticed that what whine I had seems less with this oil.

I also use this oil in my 03 Infiniti and in Linda's Toyota van. And, it is about $13 for a gallon at Walmart.

RandyA

The white jug is what I'm referring to as saying it's for Diesel, and doesn't list for anything else. Plus, as I recall, the blue jug's rating is 10W 30. Still confused!

You want the diesel oil because it contains no additives that will cause the clutch to slip.

Some use the synthetic,but I never have.

The white jug 15w 40 for diesels is what I use. You have to look on the codes on the back and understand them to know that it is safe for our bikes. I have no plans to go back to anything else as far as oil goes and you just can't beat the price. But cheap is not why I use it in my bike and my big rig. I have seen how clean my engine is on the inside and thats over 300,000 since the last rebuild. If it will hold up under the conditions my truck goes through @10,000 mile oil changes it will certainly hold up for 3500 to 4000 mile oil changes in my bike.

My clutch whine has been noticeably quieter since using it.

I use the white jug Rotella if I'm not going to ride more than 4,000 miles between oil changes. But I'll use the blue jug synthetic If I think it might be 6,000 miles before I can change oil again, ie: on a long trip.

look for jaso-ma certified on the jugs. My Walmart is carrying the correct motorcycle filter, and its in the catalog/cross-reference hanging in the automotive section nearby.

I have used the synthetic with good results. Low noise, no clutch problems, etc. When my current stash of Lucas synthetic is gone I will go back to Rotella. Will have to check Sam's club for sure. Decent oil and as long as it gets changed as it should it can't hurt. I'm no expert but synthetic or old school oil either one an engine will run a long long time as long as it gets changed as it should.

Can't get myself to change the oil in my car. At $16.99 for an oil change there is no reason to do it myself. After a less than stellar experience at the local Monroe Muffler and a carefully worded response to a follow up questionnaire I seem to be on a roll for coupons from them.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that: SAm's Club has a good deal on a 6 gallon case.

I'm thinking of switching car and truck to this and getting 55 gallon drum?? Any bad thoughts on running it in cages???

Not sure about the drum price Dan but it is usually cheaper by the gallon than the 2.5 gal jug or 5 gal bucket and a lot safer to handle than a big drum.

When I picked up my oil filter from NAPA today, they had their 15-40 on sale for 10 bucks a gal. Its made by Valvoline, So it should be good stuff. Used it before, and it was no diff from the other 15-40s. Total oil change 17 bucks, wix filter etc.