IGNORED

New stainless steel lines

Had a set of stainless steel brake lines up front for a while now, along with a vmax splitter. One of the brake lines started to leak where it meets with the banjo. Rather then trying to replace the banjo I went ahead and ordered the proper ones from Galfer. I have to go back to the original splitter but that shouldnt be a problem. I never liked the way the old lines fit anyway. Fronts were several inches too long and looked out of place. The Galfers have the Y connection like stock. The top line I ordered 4 " longer to accommodate the Flanders bars. Should be here in a couple of weeks. Got them from Phatperformance.com

Dealt with them for my Flanders bars and a few other accessories in the past. Good company to deal with.

Anyone want the Vmax splitter I will consider selling it cheap.

• 3 weeks later...

Moral of this story is NEVER work on your bike when in an agitated and frustrated state. I thought the line was leaking from where the banjo meets the line. I got pissed and ordered a new line from Galfer, which would take several weeks to make as its a custom order. Over the past 2 weeks I began playing with the old ss lines and realized that I had made a major error and mounted them wrong, along with the splitter. It leaked because one of the banjos was rubbing against a bracket and slowly working its way loose, creating the leak. I had also mounted the Vmax splitter backward on the bracket and it was all hanging way off base. After modifying the mounting bracket a bit and playing around with the splitter and bracket I finally got it right. Hooked up everything today and its working great now. Ill road test it in a few days while watching for leaks until I do.

Another member may be interested in the new galfer ss line if I decide to sell it. If he doesnt take it ill offer it for sale in the classifieds. Its a SS line that works with the stock splitter and the upper line is 4" longer than stock to accommodate risers or Flanders bars. The line should be here by next week. If my old ones hold up then ill sell the new set. It has all the banjo bolts and washers too.

Don't you dare get upset while working on MY bike now...You've done great so far on it my friend!!

Seriously though, if I was ever in the market for a RSV, you can bet I would be knocking on your door Ruffy. You have done so much to that bike over the years.

I know what it is like though. I had a few bucks in mine too and then in a matter of a few seconds, it all went south....... :bawling:

So you already have someone interested in the lines? or you might be putting them up for sale?

I just picked up '99 RSV a month back and looking to upgrade the brakes, so SS lines is step one. I've read a little bit but can you please explain the benefits of the VMax Splitter?

So you already have someone interested in the lines? or you might be putting them up for sale?

I just picked up '99 RSV a month back and looking to upgrade the brakes, so SS lines is step one. I've read a little bit but can you please explain the benefits of the VMax Splitter?

I have someone interested but if he decides not to buy them ill let you know before I post it. As far as the Vmax splitter goes it was part of the R-1 caliper conversion from Sky Doc. If you are just going to replace the stock lines with SS lines then the Galfer lines that I am getting wont work with the Vmax splitter but will work with the stock splitter.

Yea, I've been looking at the R1/R6 or the Warrior brakes as an upgrade. I've looked at Skydoc's kit and tried to research on here but I haven't found a reason/purpose for the VMax splitter on the 2nd Gen Ventures. I think it was part of the 1st gen upgrade to remove the linked brakes.

Maybe Sky Doc will chime in. He recommended it to me as an option. I believe the opening is slightly larger then stock. The stock splitter is L shaped and has one opening to the rear and one on the right side. The rear opening accommodates the stock designed line with a banjo mounted in the middle of the line and the opening on the right side is where the handlebar line attaches to. The Vmax splitter uses 3 lines, M/C line and right brake line on one side with a double banjo and one on the left side for the left caliper. I found a rear line from Dennis Kirk a few years ago on closeout for about 30 bucks. My clutch line came from Buckeye but it wasnt cheap.