IGNORED

Highway Pegs '07 Midnight Venture ?

Jimbob66

I have a recently new to me 2007 Midnight Venture in my garage. I have to say this bike is very comfortable. However, I'm 6' 5'' and I need to stretch my 36 inch inseam on longer rides. I get some kind of strange hip cramp that wont go away without standing up or stretching. :backinmyday:

With that said .. I want to install a set of highway pegs to stretch out on. I want them as far forward as is possible. Any suggestions? Anything I should be aware of?

The ones I'm looking at are not cheap. Trial and error is not an option here and I don't want to reinvent the .. peg so to speak.

Any input would be appreciated

I'm 6'6" with 38 inseam i purchased the kuryakn longhorn offset mounts and 1" clamps and have floorboards mounted to them.

You can install pegs or boards of your choice on the same mounts.

You should get some crash bar support brackets from "carbon one"

a member here.

They will save your lowers from damage and give you better mounting support.

Mike:cool10:

Doesn't the longhorn mounts mount to the same clamp as a set of pegs ? Point being you could purchase the pegs and clamps and install the Longhorns later if needed to spread out the cost. I'm 6'3'' and pegs and clamps work fine for me. You know spreading out the cost sometimes helps smooth it over with the wife.

I know what your talking about with the hips but I haven't had that problem on the RSV.