IGNORED

All my lights are out!

Are your driving lights wired up as per Yamaha's directions? If so they will take out the lights. You need to replace the fuse under the seat behind the left side cover. Then take and wire the power wire thru a relay to operate the Driving lights. I also removed the driving lights from the headlight circuit and put them on their own on/off switch. If you look in the tech section you will find directions on how to do this.

Just as a jump start, my problem like this turned out to be two different things.

1) A wire behind the passing lights was touching the bucket. Fixed by bending the tab slightly and re-taping the junction.

2) Where the wire bundle goes back up to the faring from the forks, if it is too loose, the bundle got between the fork stop and the tab when turning the bike against the stops. I used a harder wire bundle wrap (spiral wrap) to keep the bundle together and then made sure it was positioned up out of the way.

Hope this helps

Thanks I know where to look and I have pinched the running light wires in the past when putting them back up in position after having the fairing apart. I need the part that someone on here makes to relocate running light bracket so you don't have to take it loose to split the fairing. Who makes them I need one?

Just as a jump start, my problem like this turned out to be two different things.

2) Where the wire bundle goes back up to the faring from the forks, if it is too loose, the bundle got between the fork stop and the tab when turning the bike against the stops. I used a harder wire bundle wrap (spiral wrap) to keep the bundle together and then made sure it was positioned up out of the way.

Hope this helps

Exact same happened to me last month. Caused me grief for 3yrs, off and on.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a fuse but a very weird looking deal! The fuse didn't appear to be blown but under a real bright light it had what I would call a crack in the fuse wire and not blown. Very thin and I swear it was cracked and not blown.