IGNORED

Fairing Help

Hello all i'm looking for some help with my 87 venture.

I recently took the bike down to the frame and now with most of the work done i'm rebuilding it but as i have discovered I am missing a lot of pieces (I didn't lose any they just didn't come with the bike) so now that i have all the fairing repaired i'm trying to put them back on the bike but when i got the bike all the fairing were zip-tied on so here are my two questions.

What size bolts i need to put the fairings back?

how dose the inner fairing(the one with the coolant overflow tank) attach to the bike?

I know i should have took pictures of when i tore the bike down but you live and learn

any pictures you guys have of how the fairings are attached would be appreciated

Thanks in advance :)

As Bob indicated they are mostly 8mm with washer heads, but they also use shoulder washers so that you don't squeeze the crap out of the fairing. I think there are 3x8mm per side and then there are some smaller Philips head stove type bolts to help out, in addition there is room for some Phillips head screws as well. All told you will be using 3 different type screws until you get to put the top piece on, the pieces that hold the radio and class control, then you'll need screw type #4.

I disagree with these guys. Almost all the screws and bolts are 6mm x 1. Many of the bolt heads take an 8mm wrench.

If I remember correctly the flat, black panels behind the coolant bottle and amp are attached with two bolts having 10mm heads.

Those hat shaped washers are important so you can tighten the fasteners without crushing the plastic.