IGNORED

Fun Ride in South Carolina Feb 17

Sleeperhawk

Looks nice, George!

I hope you rode behind Kit to pick up pieces,

as I understand it that Wing tends to loose plastic! :rotfl:

Glad y'all got that ride in before the storms that we

had today got to you! Around an inch of rain and winds to 70 mph!

Fortunately no damage at my house (I don't think, but haven't looked in the light!)

but lots of trees down and power out around town.

Nice pics - the bad part about winter is you have to get them in when you can get the rides in.

QUESTION: Where did you get - or what is that piece on the wing - that you guys were adding or looking at? I am looking for something exactly like that to "separate" my throttle lines and was just getting ready to go over to Arlen Ness and pick something similar up that he has for wires somewhere else - but it's like $40.00 +/- for that part.

Guest KitCarson

It was a very nice ride, good for the soul. I had been trying to get loose all week to get out of here. Work kept getting in the way. So finally George bribed me to call him and get him out of yard work!! We missed the rain, but it sure came in last night, the lake will be full now, it rained buckets. That little cable clamp George came up with works great, holds the throttle cables good and snug. No more vibration or jumping around. See you all next Saturday.

George,

You riden many miles with me and have never wiped down my bike.:confused07:

Maybe we should get a wing.:rotf: NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gald you guys got in a ride. I worked all weekend

I had to show him the proper technique in getting a good shine.

Of course the Mechanic was telling me where I had missed some spots.

:rotf::rotf:

But you're ride never needs cleaning :stirthepot::whistling:

Nice pics - the bad part about winter is you have to get them in when you can get the rides in.

QUESTION: Where did you get - or what is that piece on the wing - that you guys were adding or looking at? I am looking for something exactly like that to "separate" my throttle lines and was just getting ready to go over to Arlen Ness and pick something similar up that he has for wires somewhere else - but it's like $40.00 +/- for that part.

In answer to your question about the piece on the wing, when George replaced the throttle cables after installing his flanger bars, the throttle cables were rubbing up against each other, so he found that cable "separator" in a catalog. I will have to ask him to give you the link. To keep the "separator" together, he used a couple of small o-rings (from the hardware store) to secure it. Picture Number 26 is the one on George's Venture. It works so well! :thumbsup2:

Looks nice, George!

I hope you rode behind Kit to pick up pieces,

as I understand it that Wing tends to loose plastic! :rotfl:

Glad y'all got that ride in before the storms that we

had today got to you! Around an inch of rain and winds to 70 mph!

Fortunately no damage at my house (I don't think, but haven't looked in the light!)

but lots of trees down and power out around town.

For some reason, Photobucket put the pictures in reverse order. George worked on Kit's bike BEFORE we went on the ride just to prevent that from happening!!!:stirthepot:

Glad to hear you are okay. There were some rough storms that went through Alabama - Georgia yesterday. A bad one hit Prattville where we have family but they all are okay - just destroyed a lot of houses and businesses.

It was a very nice ride, good for the soul. I had been trying to get loose all week to get out of here. Work kept getting in the way. So finally George bribed me to call him and get him out of yard work!! We missed the rain, but it sure came in last night, the lake will be full now, it rained buckets. That little cable clamp George came up with works great, holds the throttle cables good and snug. No more vibration or jumping around. See you all next Saturday.

Hey Kit, thanks for dragging us away from the yard work! That was much fun! It was also great to see Sandy again and meet your grandkids! Now I am just trying to figure out how to sneak your parrot home! He is such a character! :happy-emoticon:

Guest KitCarson

That Parrot is spoiled rotten........He is basically a monkey with feathers!! Extremely smart....throws fits.......acts up......stomps feet when mad......flogs strangers..or bites them.....seems to be a good judge of character though...he seemed to like you, He is not real friendly normally, it was given to me by a client that was moving...took me like two weeks just to be able to handle it.

Here is the link for the part.

Also used two #36 o-rings from Home Depot.

Also, the top throttle cable has a small metal bracket that replaces the OEM bracket, but I thought there was too much slop there also, so I put I small o-ring (split the oring) there between the bracket and throttle housing. When screwed down, no more slop there.

Hope this helps.

http://www.jpcycles.com/ProductDetail.aspx?PID=500-902&source=08harley

:crying: Sorry I missed the ride, I had to put in some overtime this past weekend. Didn't even get the message till this am.

Hope ya'll had a great time, guess I,m really sad that I missed out on George's detailing. :rotf: My scoot sure could use a good cleaning! I will give you guys a call Thursday to get our plans ironed out for Sat. I am certainly looking forward to the M&E.:cool10:

:crying: Sorry I missed the ride, I had to put in some overtime this past weekend. Didn't even get the message till this am.

Hope ya'll had a great time, guess I,m really sad that I missed out on George's detailing. :rotf: My scoot sure could use a good cleaning! I will give you guys a call Thursday to get our plans ironed out for Sat. I am certainly looking forward to the M&E.:cool10:

Kit is coming over here around 7 to 7:30 am, then heading out on 378 over to mrytle beach.

Missed having you on the ride. :)