IGNORED

CB usage question...

az1103

Well, reckon I am the only one who uses their cb consistently ... Have it

on all the time .. Talk to truckers and local LEO's who run their secret

channel *35* .. The call me the conceerned citizin ... hahaha .. Have called

in a couple of accidents to the locals here and they have responded quickly.

Probably one of the few cities around that still have CB in their car ...

Talk to other bikers when I see they have dual antennas ... I have been

a CB guy for probably 45 years .. Shoot, when I started, there were only

6 channels and you had to pay for your license ... KOD-8699 which turned

into Unit 99 in the early skip days, to HB, ... CB has saved my bootie more

time than I can remember ... Wrecks, Dead Animules, ticket givvers ....

And who were the original two Venture riding individuals who got channel 29 started as the channel for all Venture riding individuals?

I know, do you? Others might take credit, but we know don't we?

• 5 years later...
I have a Cb in my truck, but not on the bike. When I went down to the Big Smoke a while back, there was hardly any Cb traffic at all. When I asked my Dad who drove Transport all his life what was up he said most guys are going VHF for the longer range. Sounds right as I get allmost no chatter on any channel on Cb at home.

Only problem with that is some of them use the channels reserved for marine use.

They could get their antennas spanked for doing that.

david

b

Get a 1st gen, then you don't have to "hope" to get out of range,

all you have to do is twist your right wrist! :witch_brew:

10-4 back door, with ya on that one 86er!! I love being the one in control, if I have to ride a little faster to get to a safe pocket - twist er up, bottles necks - stay back and let the fools duke er out and then when they do - a twist and the 1st genner is miles ahead of em...

My first Venture (83 Royale) had a CB, like most of you, used it very little.. The next 4 were all standards, have only missed the CB on a couple of occasions, that being when riding with groups that had em.. Personally, I really dont like ANYTHING that I find distracting while I am on a bike, or even driving a cage..

If I need directions I prefer to stop - take a break - and visit with folks, OR, and this is my usual case, I just keep riding and riding till I get good and lost,, have found getting lost is usually when the real fun begins!! :cool10:

Carry a cell phone for emergencies..

Puc

I just noticed how old this thread is,,,, I wrote a response back to 86er's comment that was done back in 08

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

But it ain't changed........:whistling: Todd still knows how to twist his right hand!!:stirthepot:

Yea,, rock n roll!!! Course, making one of these 1st Genners rock n roll aint really that difficult,, why I bet even ol Bubba could handle one :backinmyday: Their that user friendly,, in a dominating/addictive sort of a way..:rotf:

I just noticed how old this thread is,,,, I wrote a response back to 86er's comment that was done back in 08

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I have to admit puc, I was wondering about that.:backinmyday:

Can't sleep either, huh?:whistling:

RandyA

When my bike starts I turn it and the radio on.

Like others have mentioned use channel 19 unless your in a group. You've got more of a chance picking something up on this channel than any other.

Set squelch to 20 in high traffic areas so you won't be bombarded with weaker transmissios

Set volume to same setting as radio volume(you don't want to get blasted as it takes a second or two to switch to CB volume and it may not be convient to do so)

Channel 29 is relatively clear of traffic and i switch to this if i see another Venturerider (pennants/flags help a lot)

Channel 26 is yamaha channel. Not much chatter here...

MOST IMPORTANTLY....

If you do not have good speakers in your helmet.... You are not going to be able to understand what's being said at highway speeds, and will in effect, render your CB USLESS.

Edited by CaptainJoe