IGNORED

Member "stranded" near cincinnati

dbikers

Hey all...left flint mi tonight with a friend after work to hit the tail of the dragon (was supposed to be there tomorrow) and then onto see my bro in Charlotte, then up thru wv and Ohio and back home next Wednesday or so. Well,that isn't how it's gonna go...am sitting off of needmore rd on the north side of Dayton with a toasted rear wheel bearing...was hauling down the road at about 80 and it felt like there was a strange road surface...felt squirrelly. Went about another half mile and knew something was bad wrong...

So, have a friend gonna pick me and the bike up tonight and take me to Fairfield where he lives...may need some help in the am...will check back in a bit...he's here and I gotta load the pig onto his truck

well, a friend helped me load it up around 1a this morning...got loaded just before the rain started. Needmore road at midnight is a scary place to be!

Stayed at his place and am waiting for dealership to open to hopefully get some bearings.

Thanks Ironmike and thank you Dave (and Barbie) for the call this am and the help.

Will update with progress....

Tried to call you but got your business answering machine. You probably are out of luck, only bearing I could find was left one which is common ball bearing (6304 2RS) in Cincinnati and the needle bearing (special) at Flat Out Yamaha in Indianapolis In. Let me know if I can help anyway. Good Luck

all, am srry i didnt post earlier...i did talk w 2 of you great members today and i missed 1 call (815 area code).

i ran all over gods green earth in horrible tsunamis to get parts (dayton and springfield)...got 'em and got back to fairfield honda where they put frankenstein back together again....they did me a solid and charge 1.0 hr for the labor.

got on the road at 6p tonite and have been ridin til just now and am in lost creek wv (gonna do our trip backwards).

ALL, thank you so much for the help and am sorry i didnt catch all of the calls an am sorry i didnt post sooner.

down to the trail of the dragon tomorrow