IGNORED

On a two week Northrn Ontario ride

dogman

Today we rode from Thunder Bay Area to Moonbeam along Hwy 11. The road started out very scenic when it breaks away from Hwy 17. It runs along side a lake on the left and rugged steep rock faces on the right. Some nice twisted also.

The nice ride was short lived. Hwy 11 soon became mostly straight with not much to see on either side other then trees. I suppose we where fortunate with the weather, it was very cold (it felt like a late fall day) and looked like it could rain at any time but it didn't.

Fortunately i brought our heating blanket so the bed in the tent trailer is toastee warm.

We are staying at a huge camp ground called Twin Lakes. What an amazing place. There are walkways around the three lakes with bridges and causeways. Spectacular retaining walls also. Lots if money in landscaping here but it looks great.

[ATTACH]78353[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]78354[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]78355[/ATTACH]

We started our ride today at 8:40 in rain and a very cold 4 degrees. Two hours into the ride I had to stop to warm up my hands. The water proof gloves where soaked thru and I was loosing the dexterity of my fingers.

An hour to warm up and a full belly and out into the cold rain again. Kept riding until 2 in the cold rain. The rain stopped and we kept riding to 3 and felt the warm air. Stopped and took off our rain gear. It wasn't long and we reached some great riding temperatures of 30 degrees. Only in Canada, such temperature changes.

At 8:50 we pulled into our camp grounds in Forrester Falls, for our white water rafting adventure for the next two days on the Ottawa river.

Great fun today doing the white water raging. We now have the day to relax sort of speak. No riding today it feels strange. They provide breakfast lunch and dinner.

I forgot to post a couple of picks from one of our resting areas in Espanola a few days back.

A real out house

[ATTACH]78394[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]78395[/ATTACH]

--- I forgot to post a couple of picks from one of our resting areas in Espanola a few days back.

A real out house [ATTACH]78394[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]78395[/ATTACH]

Good pictures again Dave, but tell us, how well did it work for you and Bernie?

Good pictures again Dave, but tell us, how well did it work for you and Bernie?

Evan, I must say Bernie has been a trooper, no complaining. And she has really enjoyed it. Even the cold and rain. The bugs on the other hand are out of control in The far north. You can not enjoy anything in the outdoors. We where lucky only a few got into our trailer each night while we where getting in.

Tomorrow another day of rafting but on a smaller 6 person raft. We only flipped once today but they said we will flip many times tomorrow.

After rafting we are off to Ottawa.

Great fun today doing the white water raging. We now have the day to relax sort of speak. No riding today it feels strange. They provide breakfast lunch and dinner.

I forgot to post a couple of picks from one of our resting areas in Espanola a few days back.

A real out house

[ATTACH]78394[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]78395[/ATTACH]

Should have made that a 2 seater, then you wouldn't need the tarp.

How's the bike running? Finding a difference with the carb tune? How is the steering after the adjustment?

Don, thanks to your help the bike is running great. The vibration in the handle bars is gone. I'm not sure if it was the carb sinc, or handle bar tightening or combination of both. But it much smoother now.