IGNORED

I need a kill switch.

Flyinfool

I need a kill switch for my 88 standard.

I checked a bunch of places and the switch does not come separate, but only as part of the whole switch assembly. that assembly is discontinued and not available.

I do not need the whole switch assembly from the right handle bar just the kill switch.

Actually I only need the black plastic piece that the two red with white stripe wires are soldered onto. there are 3 contact pads on the other side.

If it matters mine does have the factory cruise control in that housing.

I have also determined that the kill switch from a MK I that did not have cruise control is completely different.

Jeff, This is off my wrecked 91 VR with cruise control.

The right handle bar got hit really bad. The housing broke apart.

What you need survived.

I can unsolider the wires and send you the black piece.

In that way the wires can be used as parts also.

It's yours just PM me your address.

Whats failed with your black piece?

Edited by Golf&Venture

Jeff, This is off my wrecked 91 VR with cruise control.

The right handle bar got hit really bad. The housing broke apart.

What you need survived.

I can unsolider the wires and send you the black piece.

In that way the wires can be used as parts also.

It's yours just PM me your address.

Whats failed with your black piece?

On mine the pin at the top of triangle that goes into the red part of the rocker is broken off.

There is a pin on the white part and a pin on the black part that go into each side of the rocker to act as a hinge for the rocker to pivot on.

I even tried to drill and tap a #0-80 hole to put a tiny screw to gold the broken pin on. That part of the switch is Bakelite and did not like the tapping process, the pin just disintegrated into dust. I even tried to make a new pin out of aluminum to screw to the base but that was also to brittle to machine.

PM sent

Edited by Flyinfool

I had to buy a right hand control from Ebay as the throttle control was shot on mine, 86 VR. The switch's on my old ones are good if you want them. I can send them to you as soon as my replacement shows up.

:mytruck1:

I need a kill switch for my 88 standard...I have also determined that the kill switch from a MK I that did not have cruise control is completely different.

That is too bad, as I could have dropped off a control for you. Lousy standard Mk1s.

So you still a no-go for the weekend? Or still trying?

-Andrew

I called every Yamaha dealer in a 150 mile radius and not one has the parts I need to make it to WI MD.

Brian has the kill switch that I need and I should get that sometime next week.

So I had to mail order the rest of the parts, they will be here the week after the 4th.

That gives me plenty of time to fix some other things that need fixin, "as long as I'm in there" with the faring apart.

I am really going to miss not making MD. Now I will have to eat all of these rum balls by myself.

...That gives me plenty of time to fix some other things that need fixin, "as long as I'm in there" with the faring apart...

Darn, beat us to the punchline, of "While you're in there..."

...I am really going to miss not making MD. Now I will have to eat all of these rum balls by myself.

I suggest to eat them & repair your bike at two separate times, or there will be a ton of gremlins crawling around in your bike.

Too bad about missing the MD, at least you should have it running to make it to the Int Rally, right?!?

-Andrew