IGNORED

I need MORE AIR!

CaptainJoe

While at MD this year, I was checking out FROGMASTERS 2nd Gen with Baker Air Wings.

They were Sweet!

He said it was the best investment/modification he made.

They direct air to the rider and passenger or direct air/rain away...

Just ordered a set for mine.:mo money:

http://www.bakerbuilt.com/bbairwings/page48aa.html

Be nice to get them on this site as you know the hot weather is just around the corner....

Edited by CaptainJoe

Charlie, thank you!

The wonderful protection from the elements the Venture affords sure makes it the warmest bike I've ever ridden. It's only reached mid-eighties recently and the engine heat is really uncomfortable. What will this be like when it's 90+? I don't really like the way these look on the bike, but I think function will override beauty in this instance.

Charlie, thank you!

The wonderful protection from the elements the Venture affords sure makes it the warmest bike I've ever ridden. It's only reached mid-eighties recently and the engine heat is really uncomfortable. What will this be like when it's 90+? I don't really like the way these look on the bike, but I think function will override beauty in this instance.

Yeah I always enjoyed being TRUELY COOL vs looking cool (same reason I did not buy a HD). You have seen them in the NEUTRAL position. Turn them outward to have the warm engine heat swept from under your thighs and refreshen then air bubble behind the fairing. I guess you would need to see them in action. To each his/her own... Stay tuned to EASY RIDER review :080402gudl_prv:

Edited by frogmaster

Personally, I do not like the looks of those. I can say they are not for me.

I hear ya.... The wings I have on the '07 look great and will catch a lot of air if turned the right direction... They actually look like they are made for the G2,,

Another thing I find curious is riding in 80degs caused excesive heat off the engine. I've riden in 102-105degs acrossed Nev and didn't notice any engine heat... heck everything was hot.... :scorched: :)

Edited by Condor

I hear ya.... The wings I have on the '07 look great and will catch a lot of air if turned the right direction... They actually look like they are made for the G2,,

Another thing I find curious is riding in 80degs caused excesive heat off the engine. I've riden in 102-105degs acrossed Nev and didn't notice any engine heat... heck everything was hot.... :scorched: :)

Those do look nice

Thanks for your joining in on this. Those are the OEM Yamaha product?

Thanks for your joining in on this. Those are the OEM Yamaha product?

The big question is are they still available, or have they drifted off onto the 'discontinued' list??

BTW, thanks for IDing them. I didn't know where they came from...:confused07:

The big question is are they still available, or have they drifted off onto the 'discontinued' list??

BTW, thanks for IDing them. I didn't know where they came from...:confused07:

I found a set on Ebay. They and my trunk rack should be here next week. Passing lamps still to come, then I think I'll be set for a while. A GPS might find it's way to the handle bars. This Sunday is FATHER'S DAY!

I found a set on Ebay. They and my trunk rack should be here next week. Passing lamps still to come, then I think I'll be set for a while. A GPS might find it's way to the handle bars. This Sunday is FATHER'S DAY!

I've seen several sets on ebay over the years. Just never knew if they were oem, or??,,, and the sellers didn't either... :)

I've seen several sets on ebay over the years. Just never knew if they were oem, or??,,, and the sellers didn't either... :)

I was looking and the OEM are $200 for just the leg area.

The Bakerbuilt air wings will reach from your legs to your helmet. Watch the video on their home page.

At $300, it's good as they are well built. Don't mind paying for quality.

I sent them a email today asking if they would like to become a vendor here.

If they do, we could possiby get a discount on them.:mo money:

I was looking and the OEM are $200 for just the leg area.

The Bakerbuilt air wings will reach from your legs to your helmet. Watch the video on their home page.

At $300, it's good as they are well built. Don't mind paying for quality.

I sent them a email today asking if they would like to become a vendor here.

If they do, we could possiby get a discount on them.:mo money:

Hmmmmmmm Dollars divided by number of square inches of air deflection = The Winner IMHO :stirthepot: . Why pay less to cool your ankles?:whistling:

Hmmmmmmm Dollars divided by number of square inches of air deflection = The Winner IMHO :stirthepot: . Why pay less to cool your ankles?:whistling:

So what's wrong with getting a shorter windshield if it's upper body cooling you want?? I think the original poster complained about engine heat at 80degs. Last time I checked around the ankles is where the exhaust sits.... Still confused about that engine heat though??? :confused07:

Jack, Been a while Since we meet in Cody... daNg! THE TIME IS FLYING BY...

I've got and love my Baggershield.

You can lower it to get more air to your upper body but at speeds over 55 you will be buffeted.

I prefer the lower position for back road riding(-55 MPH).

The upright position for highway/interstate speeds (75 mph).

I've never had a problem with engine heat? Although the Harleys would really benefit from these as they are air cooled.

The Air wings will allow me to direct air where I want. Be nice to get air up there without having to constantly be on the highway pegs.

Plus, the bugs should hit the vent first, and, drop like a rock... instead of impaling themselves on me... :missingtooth:

Will give a review after using them a couple weeks.

Edited by CaptainJoe

• 1 month later...
Yamaha has an OEM set of deflectors. Anyone have them to give a report?

I have the OEM deflectors and like them. I got them used and the plastic is cracked a little where they bolt on. I did shave them at the top so they would match the line of the fairing a little better. They do a good job in the rain and move the heat of the motor away when it is hot.