IGNORED

Bel Ray, Anybody used it?

Handyman

Went to a new bike shop yesterday looking for Aimsoil. He talked me into buying Bel Ray. It is the blend 10W40. My bike has gotten worse at shift clunking and engine noise on Rotella even with additives. After an oil change last week and no improvement, I had decided to give Aimsoil another try. After Bel Ray, I took a short trial run and no shift clunk and way less engine noise, even sounds better than when I used Aimsoil.

Since I've never heard of it or don't remember seeing a thread on it, just wondering if anyone else uses it or has an opinion on it.

Thanks

Richard

I have seen it around now and then. I havent used any since back in the 2 stroke days of oil and gas mix. They allways made a good fork oil. but engine oil I didnt even kow they made. I think I have 75w90 in my diff. Engine oil I just changed today. Summer time I usually run 2qt 20w50 and the rest Rotella T6. Down where I'm at and the temps I ride in all summer I dont think the 20w50 is going to hurt it for sure.

My bike has gotten worse at shift clunking and engine noise on Rotella even with additives.

Thanks

Richard

I use Amsoil or Mobil 1 20 50. What im concerned with is your mention of additives. Most additives will cause your clutch to slip. Gotta watch that stuff. 10/40 is what the factory recommends but ill stick with my 20/50 Full Synthetic. These bikes tend to be noisy anyway. Mine did quiet down some with the Mobil 1 over the Yama lube. But thats just my opinion...other opinions here will vary widely....:smile5:

I'm really not interested in a debate on what oil is best or who uses what. . I thought I'd tried them all until the Bel Ray came to my attention.Just looking for opinions on the Bel Ray oil from someone who has used it.

Thanks

Richard

I understand what you are saying. I have used a couple that are wet clutch friendly. I think additives are bikers " Snake Oil" anyway. They can't make enough money on oil alone, so they came up with more oil with a new name and different bottle and sell it for ten times the price. Pretty sweet deal.

I was just looking for some more input on Bel Ray than the salesman who sold it to me, but thanks anyway.

Richard

Bel Ray is a quality oil. Use it in the 70's on 750 Honda 50'000 miles and a Suzuki 750 81, 000 miles. till the middle 80's. The only place you could buy itwas at a bike shop back then.

Leonard:080402gudl_prv: