IGNORED

filter for the interested

i read the entire forum .time consuming ,for sure lots of neat fix it tricks. seems nobody wants to pay .me as well. 16.00 for a oil filter .i seen ch6002 fram it ok .no o-ring comes with it .wix24933 does. still no little o-ring for bolt .i can manage. my bolt was stuck in housing due to varnish. am cover was also covered in it cleaned that. now shop FINALLY has clips that hold bearings in tranny bearings . a week for anything in the woods ,so any way my 89 1300 will be road worthy by memorial day and im going swimming in panama city. told a friend i need cassettes for radio looked at me crazy. glad it aint 8-track:lightbulb:

my local bike shop offers the local HIFLO HF303 (not chrome) for about $8.50 and comes with the o-ring.

http://www.hiflofiltro.com/fileadmin/code/images/large/HF303+C.jpg

i may try some others from NAPA and Autozone for my next change to save a buck or 2

Do not use a FRAM. Da bleepin' thing is made of cardboard! No thank you!

The CH6002 has metal ends. It's the spin on where there has been concern about cardboard caps.

I've never quite grasped why cardboard is a concern when the element itself is paper......:think:

The FRAM CH6002 is also supposed to have o-rings. If you got one without o-rings it was either a production error or someone removed them.

Are some dealers really removing the o-rings from the Fram and selling separately? That's pretty low brow in my opinion. The Yamaha filter does not include the o-rings.