IGNORED

maybe time to sell...

painterman67

I am seriously considering selling my 91 vr. Im just tired of working on this thing. Its always minor stuff but I really would love to get something newer to just get on and ride without the agrevation. As of wright now its setting with a dead battery and in need of a front tire. I tried to crank it and all I get with the cables from my truck on it is a whirring noise form where the starter is turning but not turning the motor..........

AAAUUUuUUUGGGGGG

David

It is difficult to make that choice. As much as we do love these 1st gens and I am sorry I still say it is a better bike to ride than the second gen, like so many people these days, I have time to ride or I have time to work on it, I do not have time for both.

My 86 is for sale, I will cry when it leaves but it is time to move on and RIDE !

I know how you feel

While its a perfect opportunity to push the upgrade button to a second gen, (be quiet, Dan), take a step back and away from the bike for a day or two. I bet you see things a little different once you let your frustrations subside. If after that you still feel the need to upgrade....go for that second gen....you'll be glad you did. (back off Dan.....) Sit, stay. Go finish your garage......

:smile5::smile5::smile5:

While its a perfect opportunity to push the upgrade button to a second gen, (be quiet, Dan), take a step back and away from the bike for a day or two. I bet you see things a little different once you let your frustrations subside. If after that you still feel the need to upgrade....go for that second gen....you'll be glad you did. (back off Dan.....) Sit, stay. Go finish your garage......

:smile5::smile5::smile5:

Im actually looking at a wing.....sell mine and add a few grand to it and get a gl1500.

David

Guest Swifty
I am seriously considering selling my 91 vr. Im just tired of working on this thing. Its always minor stuff but...

David

...I don't even have to change the name to make this post.

First gen, second gen, wing it don't matter, they all need to be worked on. They all need tires, battery's tune ups, carb cleaning, shocks, seals, lube,.....you get the picture. You could always buy a HD:rotfl:

You could always buy a HD:rotfl:

Actually, my HD is by far easier to work on than my 86 VR. And the service manual is easier to understand and look things up in. All electrical has been plug and play.....HD thought things out very well.:Laugh:

Actually, my HD is by far easier to work on than my 86 VR. And the service manual is easier to understand and look things up in. All electrical has been plug and play.....HD thought things out very well.:Laugh:

Someting to be said for a manual written by an American for an American in American english! I can appreciate that. And the bikes are well built too ( even though I don't have one!).