IGNORED

Progressive Spring Noise. My Solution.

This my thread from last year. I never did post my solution..

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68565

So again I turned to my machinest friend and explained the situation. He machined me 2 sets of washers. One for my 89 and 1 for my 91. No more spring noise.

He measure the inside diameter of the spring and the inside diameter of the forks.

The picture pretty much explains it.

Now had it not been for my machinest friend I would just live with the spring noise for it wasn't all that noisy.

But this is just me, I like things perfect when they can be within reason.

So being that TinGray also experienced the Progressive Spring Noise I though that there maybe others like you that maybe interest in a group purchase. You are just putting up with the noise.

So if you would possible be interested in a group purchase, please indicate so on this thread.

Now by posting that you would be interested in a set, by no means are committing to a purchase.

Once I get a quantity interest number, I will get a price and then you can commit yes or no.

All I need to know is your Qty of interest.

Also I can't guarantee this will be your solution. It was just my solution for my particular spring noise.

To listen for Spring Noise. Turn your radio off. Open your modular helmet. As you slowly take off or come to a stop, listen for the spring coils rubbing against the sides of the inner forks. I didn't think that would be good.

Edited by Golf&Venture