IGNORED

East Tennesse Riding

murph35640

Just got back from a trip to East Tennessee, rode through Cades Cove, Foothills Parkway, Deals Gap, Hellbender 28, about twenty miles of unpaved park roads and finished up with a sprint through hwy 32 all in one day! Love that whole area! Only reason to ride deals gap for me is because it was the shortest route to some other roads that I wanted to get to. Road conditions in that whole part of the country are always great!

I live here and know some really great roads. If you ever think about coming this way again, give me a call and maybe we can show you around some great rides and places to eat.

RandyA

I will certainly do that! I have found that the best riding is not always the most popular roads. I can get out and wander around and stumble upon some the greatest rides ever just by accident! The Little River Road between Gatlinburg and Cades Cove early in the morning before all the traffic lines up is about as good as you will find anywhere! Hwy 32 between 321 and I-40 is about as intense as any and you don't have to deal with all the traffic! And the Alamo is probably the best ribeye in the land! If there are any better I am looking forward to finding them!

Leaving for the Great Smokey Mtns area on May 8th with five friends from the Troy ,Ohio area. We will be riding the Tail of the Dragon, Moonshiner 28, Cherohala Skyway and part of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Any other roads in the area we should ride while we are there?

Go north out of Gatlinburg on 321, about 18 miles 321 will dead end into hwy 32, turn right and in about two miles you will be blowing the horn at your own taillights! It only lasts for about 8 or 9 miles then there is about a mile of gravel road down to Walnut Bottoms, N.C. if you turn left at the bridge it's only a mile or two back to I-40.

Wow murph, you're killin' me here, that 32 IS a sweet ride. The twisties up to the Appalachian Trail crossing are WAAAAY cool. Has the traffic picked up any since 441 is closed? I really miss Mountain Momma's, it was a great place to stop and get a cold drink and a bologna sandwich on a hot day. I even recommended it to our "big boss" once when he was down there. Planning on getting down there sometime late May/early June myself. Oh yeah on the Alamo too!!!

Leaving for the Great Smokey Mtns area on May 8th with five friends from the Troy ,Ohio area. We will be riding the Tail of the Dragon, Moonshiner 28, Cherohala Skyway and part of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Any other roads in the area we should ride while we are there?

209 aka the rattler in NC http://www.209therattler.com/ from Waynesville NC to Hotsprings NC., Waynesville NC to Brevard hwy 276 eat at Hogwild in Brevard (get fuel) turn right on 64 run it down to right on 215 215 to Canton or turn right on 276 back to Waynesville., moonshiner aka hell bender 28 to Franklin,NC (get fuel here) turn right on 64 to Wayah RD run it out to the end turn left go a few miles then a right back on 129 you can run 129 or the Cherohala from there. Blueridge to hwy 80 down to 226 turn left on 226 then left on 226a to Little Switzerland Inn ( FOOD ) at the top I don't like the Switzerland Cafe coming through the curve. :stirthepot:

I came across 441 yesterday morning and like was mentioned low traffic, probably the quickest ride I ever had from gatlinburg to Cherokee. Had 2 great days riding in NC and Tn then headed for home before the rain hit.

Stroker ace you got all the good ones! I am so blessed to live where I do!