IGNORED

Myrtle Beach Bike Week

Skid

I avoid Myrtle Beach at all cost.

Why?

I'll be at Camp Lejeune the week before, and I hope to get through there on the way home to get CD to investigate some LED passing lamps for me...since I'm apparently not smart enough to install them.

If you stay out of Myrtle Beach itself it is not bad, Myrtle beach proper is not bike friendly especially during bike week. I am not much on the traffic either it will take you a good hour to go from one end to the other and since I live just down the road may be another reason. If several folks are coming down I may go up for a meet and greet Murrell's Inlet had some good things going last year and North Myrtle is not too bad.

Edited by etcswjoe

If you stay out of Myrtle Beach itself it is not bad, for some reason Myrtle beach proper has it out for bikers especially during bike week. I am not much on the traffic either it will take you a good hour to go from one end to the other and since I live just down the road may be another reason. If several folks are coming down I may go up for a meet and greet Murrell's Inlet had some good things going last year and North Myrtle is not too bad.

When bikers act like this I too would not want them in my town. It gives all bikers a bad rap..

“This is supposed to be a tourist community,”

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/02/11/3322875/horry-county-to-go-over-bike-week.html

When bikers act like this I too would not want them in my town. It gives all bikers a bad rap..

“This is supposed to be a tourist community,”

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/02/11/3322875/horry-county-to-go-over-bike-week.html

Don't do too many burnouts on the Venture :)

I'll be there on Monday 13th till Thursday 16th. I had some blue green points to burn. Staying out next to the old Wacca Mall just outside Myrtle. I think most of the events moved south to Murrell's inlet or to North Myrtle. I've been back down during the fall rally and still a lot of bikes in the area.

Edited by Skid

Why?

I'll be at Camp Lejeune the week before, and I hope to get through there on the way home to get CD to investigate some LED passing lamps for me...since I'm apparently not smart enough to install them.

Do you already have the Yamaha light bar with lights? I really like CD and know David the owner personally. He is a great guy and def will get you your answers. If you have less money or want to save money you could always go the route others have with LED spot lights. Northern Tools has these (http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200407598_200407598) they fit in the buckets very well. All you have to do is take them out of the rubber housing they are in, cut the wires and hook them up to the inside wires in the buckets on the bike.

Good luck!

When and where is everyone meeting?

If the weather is good, I would like to ride on down to a Charleston on Tuesday and cruise around. Hopefully find a good place there for lunch. If anyone know a good place let us know.

If the weather is good, I would like to ride on down to a Charleston on Tuesday and cruise around. Hopefully find a good place there for lunch. If anyone know a good place let us know.

I will have to ask I don't get downtown very often.

Do you already have the Yamaha light bar with lights? I really like CD and know David the owner personally. He is a great guy and def will get you your answers. If you have less money or want to save money you could always go the route others have with LED spot lights. Northern Tools has these (http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200407598_200407598) they fit in the buckets very well. All you have to do is take them out of the rubber housing they are in, cut the wires and hook them up to the inside wires in the buckets on the bike.

Good luck!

Me and Cliff and Harold are coming down Thursday morning let me know if your going to be around and well get together some where. Can't have to many Ventures in one place.:cool10: