IGNORED

Hand held CB mic?

I'm trying to locate a hand held mic to plug into bike so I can use cb without the need or being " tied" to a helmet. I know H-D has a mic for their system but I believe they are a 7 pin. I purchased a 5 pin o 4 pin adapter and picked up a cb mic at Loves truck stop, but the mic didn't transmit. Thanks in advance for any input.

Jim

(wanaberidin)

J&M makes one that should work. Sierra sells it and it's not cheap, about $100.00. They are great to deal with but you should give them a call and ask them if it will work on the Venture.

http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=JM-CBHM-GL1815

That is the one made for the Honda. You have to run a white and add a 7 pin i believe. because the mic has to be powered. Right now yamaha and goldwing mic are not powered. The HD are powered with the 7 pin set up.

They have a different one for the 7 pin. This one does require some wiring but it is for the 5 pin setup. Here is what they say:

Once installed, the included female headset pig-tail jack with dust-cover, will accept either this specific J&M CB hand mike, OR the standard 5-pin lower cord connection from a J&M, Honda or other brand compatible helmet headset.

Go to a site called wing stuff and get a helmetless headset its plug and play for$79 bucks

You can use the speakers and mic or turn the radio speakers on and hang the headset around your neck and just use the boom mic and trigger switch.

Mine works fine.