IGNORED

Going stirr Crazy from not being able to ride

DarrinGT

This Christmas our rider Peeps exchanged White Elephant Gifts, I received a pair of handle bars, mounted to a makeshift dash board made from wood, an old tread mill fascia, and some foot pegs.

This was so I could sit at my desk this winter and go Vrroom Vroom and act like I was riding my bike,..

,.....Welll,...It has been a long winter, and I may be going a little stirr crazy, so I took the Handle Bars, and expanded on that idea,..

Here is a video of the result,...

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s564/Darrin-GT/2013-04-17173424_zps2ef2ef6f.jpg

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s564/Darrin-GT/2013-04-17173408_zps5c807867.jpg

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s564/Darrin-GT/2013-04-17173455_zpsb70d00d5.jpg

I wanna ride,....

I'm confused is that the 2014 Venture??:confused24:

Seriously funny though. I really need a ride also. I have a major remodel project going on and have zero time. I bought a lot of accessories over the winter and no time to put them on. Ain't it a darn shame. Maybe by July I'll be dug out of the hole I've created. I did get to run a jackhammer for a couple weekends so I feel like I took a long test ride on a HD:rotf:

Does it idle a little rough when it is up to operating temperature, no high speed get up and go? Mid range RPM's lagging a little??

Well, I see the problem.........no muffler bearings!!!!

You forgot to install and grease the muffler bearings!!! You have to do that every Spring otherwise the performance suffers.

:big-grin-emoticon:

It must have been a LOOOONG winter!!!!!!!

Jim

Guest tx2sturgis

Well, I see the problem.........no muffler bearings!!!!

You forgot to install and grease the muffler bearings!!!

Jim

No, no, anyone can plainly see its the framitz shaft that needs powder buffing!

:smile5:

Thanks Guys, Glad you enjoyed it! I enjoyed your comments, Very Funny!

I actually rode my real bike tonight, I rode it from the Back Garage of the shop where it was stored, up to the front Garage of the shop. Bout 75 feet Total! Ye Haw! Got the new battery installed, and gonna get it cleaned up tomorrow and will be ready to ride, weather dependent!

The camera cut off, but when the hub cap fell off, I said,,"typical Harley",..It did have a twin cylinder motor (from a 1963 Trabant, if anyone knows what that is) and the mufflers are from a Sportster, complete with Bearings, Pre Lubed!

It literally took us 10 minutes to put that bike together, just grabbing parts sitting around the shop, I hopped on it and shot the vid. Originally I just shot it for our group, but decided to pass it on here as well.

Thanks for checking it out, Hope to be on the road as soon as tomorrow if it doesn't rain again.

Later,....

• 10 months later...

AND BROTHER,, I REALLY NEEDED THIS!!

THANKS DARRIN!!

Being 40 minutes from you and right on the Lake I can totally appreciate those LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG winter feelings!! Hopefully it all dont melt to fast or it will boat rides instead of bike riding this spring!!!:scubadive:

LOVED THE VID DARRIN!!:clap2:

Puc

AND BROTHER,, I REALLY NEEDED THIS!!

THANKS DARRIN!!

Being 40 minutes from you and right on the Lake I can totally appreciate those LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG winter feelings!! Hopefully it all dont melt to fast or it will boat rides instead of bike riding this spring!!!:scubadive:

LOVED THE VID DARRIN!!:clap2:

Puc

Thanks Puc,

No doubt it has been a brutal winter! Last couple of days have been encouraging loosing a little snow but not too quickly. Now were gonna get a little more.

I used to like winter,..till I owned a Car Lot!

We need to get together and get a ride in this spring.

Thanks again,..

Thanks Puc,

No doubt it has been a brutal winter! Last couple of days have been encouraging loosing a little snow but not too quickly. Now were gonna get a little more.

I used to like winter,..till I owned a Car Lot!

We need to get together and get a ride in this spring.

Thanks again,..

Ya got that right brotha!!!

• 1 year later...

I see you have gone to the dark side with the car tires. Out here the weather man has the easiest job in the world. 6 months ( it only seems like 8 ) of "rain today, rain tomorrow" followed by 6 months ( it only seems like 4) of " sun today, sun tomorrow".

Full on sunshine today ... a nice break from clouds and rain. I'll be crankin the throttle for sure today!

BTW ... @tx2sturgis ... LTNS ... where ya been?

What da heck bro,, could be riding my Venture here too if it were one of these..

http://images.sleddealers.ca/17028/70097/yamaha-rsventure.jpgYamaha Venture Snowmobile">

Aint heard hide nor hair from Tx in a while either.. Thinking he got to riding that Ural of his and aint looked back.. Might check over on "Soviet Steeds" if you need em...