IGNORED

2nd Gen coolant leak...suggestions welcome

I have read all(most anyway) the posts about the plugs behind the fins, but before I start adventuring by taking things apart, thought maybe I could get some opinions or suggestions. Started her the other day, ran for about 10-15 minutes, didn’t push it, just enough to get her warm. While taking a look today found this and about a dime under the kickstand …..

First warm day of the riding season yesterday and I had almost the exact same thing I was away from home so I checked my coolant level and then tightened the fake fins just a tad and it did not leak the rest of the day I will order new plugs next week. It is a quick and easy job to take the fake fins off and replace the plugs.

Just so there is a follow up...ordered part #90338-11152-00 which comes in packs of one!(must be a Canadian thing) Took off the fin and good call..simple fix, pulled out the old plug, ohh and BTW for those who might forget... there is antifreeze on the other side of the plug so be quick with your thumb or the new plug. popped the new one in, slapped a piece of duct tape (cant hurtm, right BuddyRich?) and off to the next project....:cool10:

Just so there is a follow up...ordered part #90338-11152-00 which comes in packs of one!(must be a Canadian thing) Took off the fin and good call..simple fix, pulled out the old plug, ohh and BTW for those who might forget... there is antifreeze on the other side of the plug so be quick with your thumb or the new plug. popped the new one in, slapped a piece of duct tape (cant hurtm, right BuddyRich?) and off to the next project....:cool10:

They only come one per pack here also. Glad you got it fixed.