IGNORED

Question: Ford F-150 ECU

GeorgeS

I'm doing some work on a 97 Ford F-150 pick up, two wheel drive,

with 4.6 Liter V8 Triton Engine.

Can anybody tell me the Location in the vehical of the Engine, ECU unit. I can't find it. ??

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Haven't got a clue George. I'd call the local Ford dealer service dept. and ask 'm.....

Under hood, driver side, rear engine area, driver side of master cylinder, mounted on firewall.

THIS IS WHERE AUTOZONE SAYS IT SHOULD BE,SEEMS TO ME I WORKED ON A 93 F150 AND IT WAS IN THIS LOCATION, IT WAS IN THE FIREWALL, HALF IN CAB AND OTHER HALF UNDER HOOD. IT COMES OUT UNDER THE HOOD.

Under hood, driver side, rear engine area, driver side of master cylinder, mounted on firewall.

THIS IS WHERE AUTOZONE SAYS IT SHOULD BE,SEEMS TO ME I WORKED ON A 93 F150 AND IT WAS IN THIS LOCATION, IT WAS IN THE FIREWALL, HALF IN CAB AND OTHER HALF UNDER HOOD. IT COMES OUT UNDER THE HOOD.

OK, so its mounted in the firewall, front half of computer unit sticking into engine compt, driver side. I looked there, saw two square looking plugs, but they did not look right.

However on the passenger side, about same place, there is a plug there, about 1 inch wide, and about 7 inches long. that looks like the best candidate. Oh well, i'm quitting for the day, its to cold out there to work any more.

thanks for the help

George, I have a 94 F150, V-8 302 5.0. I use alldatadiy.com as a reference. It costs about $24.00 for your 1st veh and $14.95 for each additional. Anywho, in my truck it is referred to as an ECM (Engine Control Module) but when I pull up the location it is referred to as a PCM (Powertrain Control Module). It is located on the left side of the safety wall (right side as you look at the firewall). I am gonna try to post a diagram. I don't know if this will help... Jerry

:fingers-crossed-emo

[ATTACH]15120[/ATTACH]