IGNORED

pilot mixture screw

OK since all technicians are lazy.

Does any one have a pic of the covers for the PMS (pilot mixture screws) I am hoping that I won't have to pull the carbs to get the anti tamper plugs. I just picked up a set of Shogun pipes and the K&N's are on order so I'm going to have to fatten her up a tad. I haven't even looked for them yet so you can go ahead and laugh at me if it is obvious where they are. Like I said I'M lazy

Guest KitCarson

On the inside or inner top of all four carbs are one per each little small brass cone shaped cap about the size of a .22 case. They pop of quite easily as Don has said. The fuel/air mix screw under it is a straight slot screw...you will need a smaller long thin screw driver to turn them.......if never messed with previously.....simply turn each one counter clockwise 1/4 turn.

Alrighty then. Stomp on me, will y'all? :) These carbs were a swap on my bike anyway. And when I got them, the caps were already gone. I don't know what they look like. I'd heard that they had to be pulled out with pliers. I never figured they could be pried out with a screwdriver with the carbs still in the bike. How do you catch the caps then, and keep them from falling down in the valley somewhere, or do you just let them fall and don't worry about where they go?

Guest KitCarson
Alrighty then. Stomp on me, will y'all? :) These carbs were a swap on my bike anyway. And when I got them, the caps were already gone. I don't know what they look like. I'd heard that they had to be pulled out with pliers. I never figured they could be pried out with a screwdriver with the carbs still in the bike. How do you catch the caps then, and keep them from falling down in the valley somewhere, or do you just let them fall and don't worry about where they go?

Hi Ya Peg.........Those little brass caps........one of mine is still hiding in the motor somewhere.......I retrieved three of them......that fourth one.....really do not know where it fell......cannot retrieve them with a magnet.......I did not have any parts left over to put in my parts drawer..must me still in there somewhere:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:I was worried there for a couple days.....my bikes never do run well after I work on them unless I have a few parts left to put in that drawer.......

• 1 year later...