IGNORED

Patriot Guard

dwatson636

I am thinking of joining the Colorado Patriot Guard. I spent my time in the Navy during the cold war on a nuclear missile sub. I know that's not necessary to join. My wife and I have discussed this. We both support the troops whole heartily, but we don't support the government and the wars that they have our men and women fighting in. I won't go into it because I don't talk politics. Would this be a conflict of interest?

Dave

No. I'm still in the Air National Guard full time...and much of what .gov does I don't support either. I stay because: 1. I believe that there need to be people in military service who understand what is, and is not, a lawful order, 2. I believe that I have the opportunity to teach young Airmen some measure of what the Constitution they swore to defend actually means, & 3. I'm too damned old to start over.

I ride with the PGR as often as I can. It's not about whether or not the government is right, it IS about standing for those who have stood for us. My first mission was for a Korean Conflict vet who had been MIA, and whose remains were repatriated to his home town after about 60 years. I was proud to be there that day.

You're a veteran...you'll find brothers there. I've "come home" a few times over the years, and every time a Vietnam vet tells me welcome home I get choked up. In Georgia at least, when we meet for a mission brief the ride captain always asks for various vets to identify themselves, thanks them for their service, and if there are vets from Vietnam we tell them WELCOME HOME. It seems sad to tell them now, when they should have been told long ago, but trying to help make that right for them is just one tiny piece of why I keep going when I can.

PGR is much, much more than what it started out to be, and if you served in the Navy, I'm pretty sure you'll be blessed by participating with a group whose focus is on veterans and their families during times of sadness, as well as times of joyful homecoming. I cannot express how much it means to be able to give honor to those comrades in arms who gave so much before me, and those who give so much today.

welcome home to one and all. Both veterans and active duty soldiers. I ride as often as i can with the PGR. I am in no way a veteran and Im proud to stand side by side with one and all. I didnt serve . I felt my duty was at home with my mom after my dad died she no one else. Now its my small way of doing what i can

IN my opnion its in no way a conflict of interest. pgr is not affilated with any form of political asociations.

Hope to see you on the line if I get your way

David

I haven't been to a PGR funeral in awhile mainly because the local mc clubs have been using them as a means to be seen. Proir to the mc club getting involved I enjoyed standing with the PGR guys and vets that were there. The last one I went to I think there may have been 20 of the PGR guys to 50-75 club riders that didn't care to do anything but hang out and bs.

Please don't get me wrong, I have the upmost respect for the PGR and what it stands for. Just don't want to be part of someone else's agenda.

Edited by jfoster

That's lame. Does that happen a lot a these missions?

In the missions I've been to especially the high profile ones where the member was KIA a lot of clubs would come along with PGR members and everyone in between. That's pretty much the norm. But usually they don't come to missions where a vet has passed from illness or age unless they knew him. But now it seems one club is coming for whatever reasons except to hold a flag in a flag line in my area. Maybe the pres. is good friends with the PGR?

I see no problem with you joining. I am a proud PGR member myself. I am not a Veteran, but I respect all. I go to the missions when possible. I hope that the other MC clubs do not start to disrespect what the PGR stands for. I am sure that if a problem with the other clubs raises its ugly head, it may be considered and removed.

Fuzzy :thumbsup2: :usa: :usa: :usa:

im a member too go every chance i had before the accident now waiting to heal our chapter does not ollerate colors flown and all members attending must stand the line its all about respecting those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom the bsing is done after and most of us have other things to do so we dont stick around

I am a Vet and I go on as many missions as possible even though the funerals are really hard on me emotionally,I go because I know how much it means to the families and it is a way to say thank you to our men and women who risk all to protect the rights of us all and sadly even the rights of those no good ones from westborough baptist church.Just as in Nam I may not agree with why we are there but thank the ones who are and their families.