IGNORED

a true motorcyclist

nickle

When I drove home from deer camp their were two on I57 near Champaign in the median running lidar and there was edge ice on the highway. I was at a chief's meeting with a district commander and they said it is officers discretion, if they were mine I would say no under 35, but thats just my wall. . .

i had a friend that passed a few years ago and he was an avid rider, he rode his 883 sportster all the time and all types of weather. at a bikenight one time several harley RUBS were talking bad about him and his bike( he worked in a limestone quarry and often had the white residue all over his bike), i quickly told them that he was a "TRUE BIKER" BECAUSE HE RODE ALL THE TIME AND WEATHER! thats one thing that gets my goat more than anything, just because you can afford a new bike and have ever pice of aftermarket part added to it, it don't make your a "TRUE BIKER"!! :confused07:

A few weeks ago we were sitting Starbucks having coffee bemoaning the bad weather when a guy rides up on a very old and worn Yamaha (think 70s or older). Gets off his bike and unstraps his walker. So we invited him over to our table for a cup. Turns out he is 96 years old and still rides his bike everywhere in all kinds of weather. He says the snow and ice are the worst for him as his reflexes have slowed over the last couple of years. He also does his own maintenance. But he says that is getting harder as well. You'd think because of his age but he says it is because parts are getting tougher to find. In my mind he is also a True Biker.

Mike

i was at americade last year. the same guy gets the oldest rider award. i beleive he was 97 last year. year before he rode two wheels. then had too go too three. call him leo.

hope i can stiil walk on my own if i make it too97