IGNORED

New Owner - Best and most critical mods?

wow, this thread is a goldmine for me. (actually maybe for the accessory shops.)

I picked up an 08 venture (skip it...). less than 500 miles on it. I know the one thing i wanted was more lights front and rear. I miss having passing lamps on the front. It seems odd that a bike this size doesn't have a little more light on it.

I'll be checking out some of these suggested mods for sure.

btw, i used to be a member at Star 172. I was really new to riding, and didn't live all that close so i didn't make too many rides or meetings. good folks for sure.

I need to find out if i get a free year's membership for buying a new venture. I'd like to come visit the 172 folks again one day.

yall ride safe.

Tires:

First As Others said Trash Stock BrickStones And go woth avons.

Lighting:

Not realy necessery to go with Higher watage For headlight, but with one of those brighter PIAA H4 Bulbs. Works as 110W but draw only 60W. Second are Change all Turn and Tail Lights with LED, as well Add some

Safety Chrome: Grow as you Go :rotf::rotf:

Everybody has their likes/dislikes and style and some very good suggestions have been posted. For me I have added a backrest(much better on my old back), passing lights (bought off e-bay at a good price - Yamaha dealer), Yamaha trunk rack (e-bay again and it comes in handy for traveling and helps the looks IMHO), and the led brake/running light mounted under the trunk(got the idea off this site). As of now that is all I plan on doing since I like the way the RSV handles and rides.