IGNORED

Suspension Air Pressure?

I just got my new hand pump from Harley. NICE!! Best $60 ever! I have a 85 Venture, its the standard without the fancy compresser and radio:)

What is everybody running the front and rear pressure at? I'm 250lbs and I usually carry 20lbs of "EXTRAS" in my luggaage. Looking for the best ride.

I put 12lbs in the front and 12lbs in the rear. Felt soft??

Ideas??

The best thing you can do is put Progressive springs in the front and you can go without any air. For the back, like Squidley said, 40 to 45 is good. If I am riding solo, I might drop down to 30, but I am real inseam challenged. I also run my dampener on 4 all the time as that probably compensates a bit that the shock now has almost 160,000 miles on it.

If riding 2-up and carrying some stuff, I may go up to 60 psi on the rear. The thing to do is to experiment on what works best for you and your bike.

RandyA

• 1 month later...

ok I have a 88 royale so if I put progressive springs in the front I can go without air and is it possible to put a older rear shock from a standard on my royale to get rid of the class I bypassed it today waiting to see how it holds air tough job but worth it if it works my circut board was cracked in the control panel

the circuit board cracks are well known and you can fix them easily with a magnifying glass and a pencil type solder ing iron.Find the cracks with glass the heal with soldering iron.If you want to but a standard type shock on you can as they are the same execpt for the class controls.