IGNORED

Digital Camera

Kregerdoodle

I will finally be able to share some hopefully great pics of our Ventures... we ordered this camera a few days ago and hope to have it in my hands any day now.. we bought a Canon PowerShot S5 IS / 8 megaPixel / 12x Optical zoom / 4x Digital zoom. I may have have to get a degree to use it, but it should do the trick.... We go to alot of Rallys here in Texas and have missed alot of good shots with the junky HP camera that we had, so time will tell.. does any one have one of these that can tell me anything about it???

Kreg

I will finally be able to share some hopefully great pics of our Ventures... we ordered this camera a few days ago and hope to have it in my hands any day now.. we bought a Canon PowerShot S5 IS / 8 megaPixel / 12x Optical zoom / 4x Digital zoom. I may have have to get a degree to use it, but it should do the trick.... We go to alot of Rallys here in Texas and have missed alot of good shots with the junky HP camera that we had, so time will tell.. does any one have one of these that can tell me anything about it???

Kreg

I just bought the same camera only the 720 SI model and I really like it. It too is my first digital camera. You’ll have to get yourself another memory stick because the one that comes with it is a sample only, basically so you can see that the camera is working. The other thing is if you plan on using the non rechargeable AA batteries I really like the energizer e2 titanium, they seem to stand up well. I may get an adapter for when I’m hooked up to the computer but I’m not in a rush for that.

From the reviews I’ve read this is a good entry level camera... and then some. I’m very happy with mine and the changeover was long over due! :backinmyday: I’m sure you’ll enjoy yours.

Cheers

8 megaPixel / 12x Optical zoom / 4x Digital zoom. I may have have to get a degree to use it, but it should do the trick....

I HAVE AN 8 MEGAPIXEL MYSELF AND THE FILE SIZE IS TO LARGE FOR THIS SITE I HAVE TO E-MAIL THEM TO MYSELF THEN SAVE THEM FROM THE E-MAIL TO MY PICTURES TO GET THEM TO UPLOAD. BUT THE REST IS PRETY SIMPLE.........YOUL LOVE IT.:2cents:

8 megaPixel / 12x Optical zoom / 4x Digital zoom. I may have have to get a degree to use it, but it should do the trick....

I HAVE AN 8 MEGAPIXEL MYSELF AND THE FILE SIZE IS TO LARGE FOR THIS SITE I HAVE TO E-MAIL THEM TO MYSELF THEN SAVE THEM FROM THE E-MAIL TO MY PICTURES TO GET THEM TO UPLOAD. BUT THE REST IS PRETY SIMPLE.........YOUL LOVE IT.:2cents:

Hey, check this out ....

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18737&highlight=Resizer

Kreg,

Lonna and I are looking at the same camera that you purchased. It has the twist and flip LED screen right? We have it narrowed down to 2 of them and thats the one that Lonna likes. I personally like a similar Kodak as thats what we have had until I dropped the darn thing and now it wont charge :(

I think that you will like it once you get used to it. It has a great Optical zoom and I have read some very good reviews of it :happy34:

We upgraded to a Kodak 10x Optical zoom & over 7 megapix.

The digital zooms are worthless to me since thats done with the edit program anyway. The actual Optical zoom, where the lens telescopes in & out takes beautiful pics.

Our old camera is 5.x megapix with a [useless] digital zoom, but is handy to toss in scoot or glovebox for non-essential pics. The 5.x is still more megapix than I'll ever use.

I use the 1GB SD card $14., which holds about 120 pics at max resolution, but some like the 2+ GB SD cards for taking videos on their camera.

We don't do videos & 120 pics is about a years worth for us.

Book says NEVER use 'alkaline' batteries with a digital camera.

Don't know why...don't care since 4 lith-Ion batteries & charger is far cheaper.

Two in camera & 2 in charger at all times....just have to remember to swap them once in a while.

Tht's funny about emailing pics to resize. I used to do that, but now I have a new laptop with VISTA and am now afraid to plug a decent camera to it.

Kreg,

Lonna and I are looking at the same camera that you purchased. It has the twist and flip LED screen right? We have it narrowed down to 2 of them and thats the one that Lonna likes. I personally like a similar Kodak as thats what we have had until I dropped the darn thing and now it wont charge :(

I think that you will like it once you get used to it. It has a great Optical zoom and I have read some very good reviews of it :happy34:

We where hoping that it would make it here yesterday, as we are going to " Vance`s " in Brazoria,Tx today , meet eat and learn how to sync my carbs. We ordered a 4GB card with it also, so it should be a good set up. Janet says Hi and we are are wondering how you and Lonna are doing, hope the healing goes fast..

Take care,

Kreg

I just picked up a new Canon SX100 IS a couple weeks ago and its great still lots to figure out its a 10x zoom it takes amazing pix's

the batterys that came with it only took about 15pix's and were dead I put in a fresh set of the Energizer lithium 7X batterys and have taken a lot of pic's and still going

this is the one I have only in silver not black

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/SX100IS/SX100ISA.HTM

I also added a 2gb. sd card