IGNORED

revised rear diff installed

Miles

So, I sent my rear diff off to John Furbur at RMSportmax, and he did his thing to it to chnage out the gears to make it ther RS-Max gears. Most of you know what that means, so I will not explain.

He sent the rear diff back to me, leaving his shop on Pennsylvania two days ago, it was in my hands this morning, and in less than 82 minutes...ta da...the entire bike was all back together, everything re-insatlled, a new rear tire on it, and the bike fully on the road.

Hey, less than 82 minutes was pretty good. Of course, I had everything prepped and ready to receive the revised rear diff. All parts were cleaned, newly greased, and all tolls laid out. But still...in less than 82 minutes.

I have other things I still am doing to the bike, like a full valve adjustment, and fixing two wiring items. But it is nice to have the bike abck on two wheels.

BTW, he did re-gear MY rear diff, as I asked him to, rather than swap mine out for someone else's.:cool10:

I had an FJR rearend that I purchased a few years back. It has the same gearing that the Vmax does a 9/33 where the Ventures are a 10/33. I put it on the '86 I'm riding now and even with the bike not running well I felt a big difference. I know it's been very well recieved with the RSV and RSTD owners, so you'll have fun with it

:thumbsup2:

Did you ride the bike and if you did, do you like the results?

RandyA

Randy, I have not taken it out of my shop for a ride yet. I have a couple other things I want to do to the bike, while I have it deep in my shop, like a complete valve adjust, and a couple wiring items. When I do get it out, I fully expect to love it, and will check out the new top speed, as per my Garmin, to see how it relates to the old top speed of XYY. I am hoping it will change the top speed to XXX.

It may be a short while to do the test, as I need to break in the new rear tire, and I want to do the ride in Nevada.

Otherwise, I am fully anticipating loving the new gearing.

Edited by Miles